Wish List

Friday, January 21, 2022

I'd spend nine lives with you...

 

I have this pretty scroll-y frame die, as well as the die for the pair of cats. I thought that together they would make a cute Valentine.

After adhering my DSP (Stampin' Up) to the card base, I carefully glued down my little frame. 


The cats were popped up on foam squares, which I think you can see in the photo at left.

The sentiment (computer-generated) was matted and also popped up on foam tape.

The little hearts were made with a punch and glued directly onto the DSP above the cats.


Inside, I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" and added one more slightly larger punched heart.

The most difficult part of making this card was getting the delicate frame out of the die. I had to take great care so as not to tear one of the little curliques.

We are gritting our teeth (when they stop chattering, that is) to get through a really cold spell that has descended on us from Canada. Our lovely Canadian neighbors like to send us these cold fronts every now and then. I only wish we could return the favor. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh-- a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh my - that IS a delicate little frame, isn't it?? Such a cute card. You made an awesome sentiment for it. Love the pink and black theme.

designbydonna said...

Oh so cute. That delicate frame is a perfect setting for your loving cats. Love that sentiment too.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww Cheryl that's such a lovely card, and you paired it with the perfect sentiment!
Hope it warms up soon, we've had such a mild winter so far this year, its only gone below zero a few nights... we'll be overrun with slugs and bugs come spring!

Glittered Paws said...

I love cats so this card pulled at my heart strings. And love the sentiment. I bet the frame was a challenge to get out - those kind frustrate me!!!

Sue said...

Super card, loving the kitties and the sentiment is such fun! That frame is so pretty too.

Hugs
Sue