Wish List

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Gray and white sympathy card...

 

During my craft space clean-up, I found a half sheet of this pretty gray and white DSP. I set it aside so I could make some cards out of it as soon as I was done cleaning.

I cut three gray card bases. The thrift store had given me a partial package of the white flowers--there were three of them left in the package, and I had just enough of the DSP for three card fronts. It was kismet!


The flowers already had the clear gem in their centers. I simply cut a couple of leaves for each of them from silver metallic cardstock.










I die-cut the sentiment from the same silver cardstock. This cardstock is more of a brushed silver, rather than a bright chrome. I really like it for applications like this.



For the inside, I printed a sentiment with my computer. I really liked the understated colors of these cards and their simple design. Two of them will be donated to the thrift store, but I will keep one of them for my stash.

Last night we went over to my daughter's house for dinner. She made Knöpfle Soup. This is a popular soup in North and South Dakota and parts of Minnesota. It is usually made with chicken and its broth, cream, potatoes and a few other vegetables, as well as the knöphle, which are little "button" dumplings similar to German spätzleI brought a crusty loaf of bread that we warmed in the oven and some apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. It was a very satisfying meal on a chilly night!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl




4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is so beautiful. Gray and white are perfect for a sympathy card. That is gorgeous background paper.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, Cheryl! I love its subtlety. The grays and silvers work perfectly together. The soup sounds very delicious! Stay warm today.

Lynne in NI said...

Such a beautiful classy card Cheryl, your silver leaves were the perfect addition.
I googled your soup as I'd never heard of it and it sounds delicious.

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful - never thought to use gray and silvers but oh what a nice combination. And the inside sentiment is so nice.
Love soups in the winter, any kind of soup.
Keep warm and enjoy the inside time.