Wish List

Friday, December 31, 2021

Flowers for a wintry day...

 

I have a set of stencils and a coordinating die that make this pretty floral wreath. I recently made a couple of cards with them that I donated to the thrift store. And since it's looking pretty cold outside--we'll have temps well below zero tonight--I thought they'd be perfect to feature on my blog today. 

The first card has a dry-embossed background, made from a scrap of blue CS I found in my stash.


I have popped my wreath up on dimensionals, as well as my sentiment.

My only other embellishment was three iridescent sequins that reflect whatever color surrounds them.



This card was made the same as the first one, but with a piece of DSP in the background--another scrap from my stash. Once again, I added the iridescent sequins. See how pink they look on this card? 


Each card had a simple, stamped sentiment on the inside. The photo on the right shows the one inside the first (blue) card.

We are having a very low-key New Year's Eve celebration today. My brother is coming to help my DH fix a bathroom faucet and staying for dinner. My brother-in-law will also be here, as he has been staying with us since before Christmas. We'll probably have a glass of wine to toast the New Year, and that will be it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, your lovely flowers cheered me up this morning. We have had over a week of gloomy, damp weather. The only good factor is it is in the 60s here, not at all normal for December. We had a quiet celebration also, dinner and dominoes with friends. Off to be by 10. We definitely are not night owls anymore. Happy New Year, may it be blessed and crafty.

Lynette said...

Oh, so pretty, Cheryl!! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Glittered Paws said...

Such pretty flowers - smiles for sure. Our temps are supposed to fall during the next 12 hours with a high tomorrow of 24. And...we have tickets to the Missouri Botanical Garden holiday lights. Brrr...I have my long underware out to wear. We celebrated with family last night - food - (way too much) and a drink but that was it. We played cards and Farkel.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty! I've never seen stencils with coordinating dies. That's a great set and you created some wonderful cards! We're in for a very cold week and getting snow today.