Wish List

Friday, December 17, 2021

A penguin Christmas...

 

I found this free image of a penguin online. It was so cute that I printed out several to be the focal image on some Christmas cards. You can find it here (#21). It is actually printable as a complete card, but I used only the card front. 

The sentiment was cut from a sheet of DSP that was filled with lines of Christmas greetings like this one. Some of the others were"Merry Christmas," "Ho Ho Ho," and "Season's Greetings," with holly and berries in between each of them. This DSP was WAY more useful to me as cut-apart sentiments than as a background paper. I popped the sentiment up on foam tape.


To add some extra touches to my card, I first matted the image. Then I added Glossy Accents to all the berries, a snowflake to his belly and went over the candle flame with a glitter pen to give it some sparkle.

I also added a squiggly line of glue across the snow and sprinkled it with clear glitter.



For the inside, I used my computer to print an additional sentiment.

Talk about quick and easy! This card helped me reach the finish line for the 95 cards I needed to send to family and friends.

I am now in baking mode, trying to get the cookies, pies and other treats ready for the big day. I need to keep my nose to the grindstone as we are taking a couple of days this weekend to make a quick 200-mile trip to see my daughter and her family. We will spend just one night with them and then return home to get ready for our Christmas celebration here.

Are you all done with your Christmas preparations? I tend to keep "preparing" until December 24th. Then I stop and just enjoy the holiday, ready or not!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl,, that penguin is so adorable. I love the addition of a snowflake to his belly. Alll those additional touches make a ready made card front so special. I am as finished with prep as I am going to get. It will just be me and hubby so not much is needed. He is easy to please. So not even an elaborate meal.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Oh, so cute! Really fun card!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my goodness, I hadn't realised it's been so long since my last visit Cheryl and I've missed loads of your fabulous creations! Sorry, life has been a bit hectic this past while.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your family, safe travels XXX

Lynette said...

Your card is so cute, Cheryl. Safe travels to you, and good luck with your preparations. We are about as ready as we can be, but there are always so many last-minute things to get done!

Glittered Paws said...

You had me at penguin - he is just too darn cute and you really spruced him up.
I did NO cookie baking this year - (thank heaven for friends who gave us cookies), had a few hiccups the last week and simply couldn't get in the mood. May make some on Sunday, I have some in the freezer that you just take out and bake. I guess that is cheating but...