Wish List

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Peace on Earth...

 

I purchased a circle die that had some trees that were die-cut into the circle.  I thought it would make some great Christmas cards. As I looked at the die, trying to figure out exactly how I would use it, I noticed a stitched and irregularly scalloped circle on my desk that had been cut out of holographic paper. I layed my circle die with trees on top of it and realized it was just the right size to create a beautiful frame for my trees.

So, I began by cutting out more stitched/scalloped circles from holographic cardstock. Then I centered my new circle/tree die on the scalloped circle and ran it through my Big Shot again. Once that was done, I used my circle/tree die to cut an aperture in the front of my card. Finally, I adhered the holographic die-cut to the front of my card, matching the edges of the circles and the trees.


In this pic you can see how the aperture shows the inside of my card where I have adhered some starry sky DSP. You may have noticed that I adhered a tiny clear gem to one of the stars that is above the right hand tree.






I also adhered a gem to the star beneath my stamped sentiment. I have also outlined the star's rays with a clear glitter pen, but it doesn't show in the photo.



Because my DSP was so dark--and I didn't want to be signing cards with a white pen--I added a white stitched rectangle. I stamped my sentiment and left some room to sign our names. I just had to be sure that I adhered it beneath the bottom of the circle, so when the card was closed you were not able to see it.

I liked these cards, and I had enough of the starry DSP to make six of them.  I'm going to hunt through my papers and see if I can't find something similar so that I can make a few for the thrift store.

I am happy to announce that I mailed my Christmas packages and all my cards today. Whew! I hope they all arrive at their destinations in time. I'm sure some of the international addresses will probably be late, but that's just how it goes..

I finally got all of my Christmas decorations up, too. I know, I know, I'm slow. My excuse is that we were in Arizona the first week in December, so we had to play catch up when we got home. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Gorgeous, Cheryl! What a great combination of dies, for sure. Congrats on getting all caught up! We just got back from a trip to Chicago and I'm trying to get caught up on computer stuff. It's a busy week!

designbydonna said...

This is a beautiful serene card. Just looking at it makes me feel peaceful.. I love the idea of the apeture and then just doing the patterned paper on the inside instead of adding another layer to the front. I may have to case your card in some spring paper. I have a similar circle die with leaves. We just returned from Florida. My family is not coming for Christmas so I am not decorating except for 1 small ceramic tree.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! Love that you carried the colors over into the inside of your card, too! Someone will gasp twice! When they pull the card out of the envie, and when they open it! Great job, as always! Love dropping in to see what you’re up to!