Wish List

Friday, December 10, 2021

New flower border dies...

 

Not long ago I purchased a couple of new flower border dies. I love this type of die for making quick cards that look pretty impressive to the non-cardmaker. 

For this card, I started with an aqua card base and rounded the two right-hand corners. Then I added a strip of DSP, my die cut and a thin strip of silver glitter paper to finish off the seam between the two.


I added the vertical "Happy Birthday" die-cut and a bit of glitter to the flower centers. No other special embellishments.






The inside featured a stamped sentiment.

This was such a quick and easy card!









This is the second floral border die that I purchased. It features lilies of the valley, which I think are really nice for a sympathy card.


I kept this card very "quiet." No embellishments or sparkle.






Once again, just a stamped sentiment on the inside.

I donated both of these cards to the thrift store. They sold very quickly, so I guess that's a sign I should make some more.

My big plan today is to finish making the last few Christmas cards for my DH and me to send out this year. We'll be sending 95 cards plus I've made more for the thrift store. 

I want to add a special thanks here to my crafty friend Lynette (My Stamping Addiction) for her donation of cards to the thrift store. She included some Christmas cards in the assortment she gave to me. I've taken them to the thrift store and they are rapidly selling. In fact, nearly all of hers have sold, and I will have to keep making holiday cards to sell right up until Christmas.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Both those border dies are very pretty. I like the rounded corners. They kind of repeat the curvy dies. I especially like the lavender for a sympathy card. I am just home from a week in Florida so have a whirlwind week to catch up and get my cards in the mail.

Patti J said...

I love how different this looks in the two colors. The birthday card is so colorful and happy, and the orchid one is somber and serious. Great job!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love the two new border dies you got, they make up beautiful cards. I especially love the sympathy one. The thrift shop is so blessed to have you.

Lynette said...

They are so pretty, Cheryl (great dies!) and I can see why they would sell so quickly. You're welcome - I'm glad they sold!