Wish List

Friday, December 24, 2021

Glitter perfect...

 Sometimes you find a piece of glittery cardstock that is just too beautiful not to use. That's what happened when I came across a gold, holly-patterned piece in my stash. Here's what I made with it:

This picture absolutely does not do justice to this gorgeous paper. I wanted as much of it as possible to show, so I added only a small sentiment panel. My focal panel was matted with black and my sentiment panel had an inside reverse scallop frame. Does that make sense?


As a bit of embellishment, I added a couple of holly leaves cut from gold glitter cardstock and three gold, flat-backed dots for the berries.

My sentiment had been heat-embossed using gold embossing powder.





I stamped my inside sentiment with Versafine black ink and also matted it with black CS.

I have a little of this paper left and will be making a couple more of these cards for next year. I'm actually excited to get started on next year's cards, as I really, really want to get most of them made far ahead of time--perhaps by the end of October 2022.

After making the last batch yesterday (Dec. 23), I am finally DONE making Christmas  cookies and other treats. All the gifts are wrapped and under the tree (or mailed to their recipients), so I am now focusing on meals. We will have our traditional "Soup Supper" on Christmas Eve. My family LOVES homemade soup, so we always have at least three of them on that special night. This year I am making Turkey Wild Rice (done yesterday) and Cheesy Corn Chowder (will probably be done by the time you read this post).  My daughter is bringing Vegetarian Chili. We will have some nice hot baguettes and a crudite platter, as well. There will be wine, water and sparkling juice to drink. The dessert, of course, is an assortment of Christmas cookies. As soon as we are done eating, the grands will want to open gifts, which is always the highlight of the evening.

On Christmas morning I bake caramel rolls (which I prepare on Christmas Eve and allow to raise in the frig overnight) and bring them to my daughter's house as soon as they are done baking. She only lives nine blocks away, so we can get them there while they are still warm. We then have coffee, juice and rolls and watch the grands open their gifts at home. So. Much. Fun!

I hope your Christmas is joyous and filled with visits (by phone, computer or in person) from family and friends. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your small panel with the gold holy leaves shows off that gorgeous glittery background. The perfect accent. You have been really busy. Hope you get some R&R after all the celebrating. When you have time later, would you please send me your turkey wild rice soup recipe? We like a lot of soups through the winter months. Although I am not sure when that will be this year. Today we are having a high of 60. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful glitter paper - I would be hoarding this!!! Very pretty card.
Soup sounds delicious and what a nice variety you are having this year. Love the turkey wild rice. And then you talked about the caramel breakfast rolls. Well Pillsbury and I are going to bake a can of their famous cinnamon rolls this year. Then headed to the grand daughters and watch the little people open their gifts. Doesn't feel like Christmas with a high in the 60's but it will be safe traveling.

Jeanne H said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. Lucky you having that paper. Hope your Christmas was happy and Happy New Year too.

Darnell said...

There is only thing that will make me see beyond the word caramel rolls and that's your incredible schparkly gold card, Cheryl! I applaud you for not hoarding it to bring out and admire and caress every once in a while. And the way you add just the perfect bling and sediment is so talented!

Your plans and your menu sounds heavenly. Are caramel rolls like cinnamon rolls with caramel somehow inserted? I will have to google them. As soon as I wipe the drool from my imagination off the keyboard!

Thank you for the cup of tea you sent me inside your sweet Christmas card teacup design! I hope you have an amazing and healthy new year! Hugs, Darnell

Lynette said...

I can only imagine how beautiful this is in real life, Cheryl - it looks great in the photo! Your plans all sound great, too. I hope everything went really well for you!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a gorgeous card and I love the sentiment with the holly leaf on the front, it's so delicate. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Take care - Michelle x