Wish List

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #178: Anything Goes or Vintage Feel...

 

What? December already? I sit here shaking my head as I type. How can we be in the last month of 2021? 

Well, there's no avoiding the fact that we are almost ready to close the books on this year and ring in 2022. But before we do, let's all participate in the latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

This was a BIG challenge for me. I just don't do vintage cards, so I had to dig deep to come up with something that kinda', sorta' reflected a vintage feel.

I happened to have a perfectly sized sheet of the words and melody for O Little Town of Bethlehem. I tore off a border on all sides and then "aged" it with some Tea Dye Distress Ink.

My card base ws made from kraft cardstock, so I used a die to cut a manger scene from a leftover piece Then I painted it with some gold metallic water color paint. It has a nice shimmer IRL.

The star above the manger was cut from glitter cardstock, as were all my pine branches.

In this picture you can see a bit of the sheen from the metallic paint. I also added a few sparkly gold enamel dots (the smallest ones) to the pine branches at the top of my card.

I probably should have frayed the edges of my black DSP panel, but by the time I thought of doing that, it was already adhered to my card base!

On the inside I added a strip of the same DSP that is on the front and a narrow gold strip. I stamped my sentiment, and called it done!

Now it's your turn! You are probably WAY better than I am at making vintage cards, so I can't wait to see your creations. For some additional inspiration, check out what the Design Team has posted on Let's Craft and Create.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, that is a wonderful vintage card! I love that you had a piece that had the "O Little Town of Bethlehem". Good job!

Lynette said...

A very pretty card, Cheryl! I agree - it would have been a bit difficult to fray the edges of your black cardstock after adhering it down! LOL! Great job of doing vintage.

Patti J said...

Absolutely perfect, Cheryl! Love this so much. Great job!!!

Glittered Paws said...

You did good thinking out of the box for a vintage card, I think it is erfect.

LOU said...

Beautiful vintage card Cheryl - I think you did an awesome job!
Lou xo
JemLou Productions