Wish List

Friday, December 3, 2021

Would anyone want a card with an orange truck?...

 That is the question I asked myself before I made this card. I had some glossy orange packaging material that I thought would be fun to use for a die-cut truck. I would donate the card to the thrift store, but would anyone actually buy it?

I had been given a roll of the banner you see at the top of my card. It's made from different sized triangles sewn in a continuous line. The triangles are a good number of different colors, so I just found a section of it that would go well on my card, cut it from the roll and applied it to my card. 

The orange packaging material was thicker than cardstock, so the embossed details of the truck showed up nicely.

Although it's hard to see I added some vellum to the windows so that it looked like there actually might be panes of glass there.

I also cut the wheel centers from silver metallic cardstock and gave my truck a door handle that was fussy-cut from the same silver CS.


The birthday strip sentiment is one I had in my stash and is popped up on foam tape.

On the inside, I added a piece of the same blue DSP I had used on the front and a stamped sentiment.

So, did it sell? It sure did--almost immediately. I think I don't donate enough masculine cards to meet the customers needs, so they are in big demand. Even simple cards like this will sell pretty quickly.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

Lynette said...

Before I read to the end of your post, I was going to say "Yes, I think it would sell." I guess that was the right answer! Super card. I'm glad you get some supplies from the store to use on the cards that you donate. They are so lucky to have you.

Glittered Paws said...

No doubt in my mind that this will sell. In fact I would buy it!!! This is awesome orange material and you put it to such good use. You are such a blessing to the thrift store.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a fun card and perfect sentiment inside. It has to be so satisfying to take cards to the thrift store and then to know that this one sold almost immediately! Good for you!

Patti J said...

Awesome card! I rarely ever create in orange, but I love seeing creations that others post in that color…wonder what’s up with that? This is a great masculine card, and the banner is a perfect touch! Great job!