Wish List

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Simple sympathy card...

 

I really like using a silhouette-style stamp on a sympathy card. For this one, I used a mask to create my circle with a blending brush and some Distress Oxide ink. 


Then I stamped my image with Versafine ink and added a little bit of sparkle to the "open" spaces in the image with a glitter pen .

The sentiment on the front of my card is a My Sentiments Exactly stamp.






On the inside, I stamped the image again, after stamping off, using the same Distress Oxide ink that I used on the front. Then I stamped my sentiment right on top of it.

As a final touch, I added the ribbon. It actually matches much better IRL.

As you read this, we are visiting friends in sunny Arizona. It's so nice to get away for a few days before the Christmas rush sets in. I have most of my holiday shopping done, so when we return, I just need to work hard to finish up my cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful sympathy card - and I really like how you carried the image over to the inside. What a great idea. Sunny Arizona - how nice - although weather here in MO. is almost balmy this week. I too have to finish up my Christmas cards hopefully this week. Have a great time.

designbydonna said...

Lovely card . I like to use silhouette images for sympathy cards too. Yous is pretty in the light lavender circle.
Nice touch with the image stamp inside too. We are on our way to Florida this week. Hoping to enjoy some warmer weather. Seeing Disney Christmas decorations has been on my bucket list.

Lynette said...

So pretty and so perfect for a sympathy card. Enjoy the warmth! (Although it's supposed to be in the 50's here today!)

Patti J said...

What a lovely card. Sympathy cards have to be just right, and you totally nailed this one! Great job, as always!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a beautiful sympathy card! Love how you lightly stamped the design inside with the sentiment in black over it.