Wish List

Friday, November 12, 2021

Pocket full of posies...

Remember the words to "Ring around the rosie?" It popped into my head when I made this card because of it's second line, "Pocket full of posies."

I purchased a set of pocket-shaped dies because I thought they'd make cute cards, especially when they're filled with flowers...or even frogs!

For this card, I first adhered some checked DSP to the front of a white card base. I cut my pocket out of some blue denim-like DSP and added some stitch lines with a white gel pen.


I used a flower die set to cut some flowers in various sizes. I gave them a little shading in their centers and added some gems and leaves.

I had a strip sentiment on hand that said "It's your happy day!" I thought that was perfect for creating a birthday card.






I stamped a birthday sentiment on a white panel and adhered it to the inside. Card done!

This was so much fun to make and sold quickly at the thrift store. Now I need to find some frog dies so that I can make a card with frogs in a pocket. I think that would be a fun birthday card for a boy.

We went to our granddaughter's band concert last night. She plays trombone in the 10th grade band at a local high school. The concert was wonderful! I am amazed at how well they played some pretty difficult music. She loves being a part of the band, and it's fun to see her enthusiasm for learning and playing music.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This card will brighten someone's day. Good idea to make the stitching around the pocket. You have made a pretty bouquet popping out of the pocket. I don't know if they still are available, Poppystamps has a set of frog dies and they are cute hopping out of the pocket. Thanks for the reminder. I need to use them again for some kids cards.

Lynette said...

What a cool card, Cheryl! You did such a great job with those stitching lines, and the flowers are so pretty. How nice you can go to your granddaughter's band concert. We'll be heading to Chicago next month for a grandson's concert.

Glittered Paws said...

Such a pocket full of fun. You will use the pocket dies in so many ways. I have to use mine for some flowers now, already used a frog. Nice that you can go to grand daughters band concert. I played clarinet in the band and loved it.

Lynne in NI said...

I see you've been busy (as always) Cheryl making some stunning cards in my absence! I'm hoping to be a better visitor in future and pop by more often! Hope your shoulder is ok and that hubby's knee is improving too xx

Anonymous said...

I have a frog stamp that is made to be poking out of a pocket. I can stamp some and cut out with scan and cut for you. Let me know. MW