Wish List

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thanksgiving wreath...


The thrift store where I volunteer often gives me crafting supplies, particularly opened or partly used packages of stickers, ephemera, etc. This wreath sticker (and the little leaves) was in one such package. 

The background paper is from Stampin' Up, and the grosgrain ribbon is from my stash.


I did add the gold dots (Viva Decor pen), just for a little something extra. 

I don't use a lot of stickers on my cards, but I thought this one was particularly nice.


The sentiment was heat embossed on dark brown cardstock and cut out with a sentiment die. I've popped it up on a strip of foam tape.





On the inside I stamped a sentiment and added another of the little leaves.

My poor DH now has to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from his outer ear. He has had spots on his face removed in the past; this is the first time one has appeared on his ear. We're not sure when they'll want to do it yet, but it'll probably be quite soon. I can't help but think about those who, a few generations ago, didn't have the possibility of detecting these skin cancers early so that they could be removed. We're so lucky to have the level of health care we have today.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a gorgeous wreath. I was already to complement you on the die cutting leaves when I read it was a sticker. What a great find. Those little ears of corn are so cute. Sorry you husband is gong through so many health issues right now. At our age it becomes one thing after the other. If I am not back on the computer by then, I ope you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving Day.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is gorgeous! I love all the little elements! My hubby just had the same surgery on the back of an ear! Biopsies on this one were clear. Had one on his shoulder removed last month, it was malignant and required Mohs surgery. I’ll be praying for your hubby, dear friend! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

Lynette said...

What a pretty wreath! I'm glad you could make such good use of it for a great card. Sorry your husband has another basal cell carcinoma. Jim has has a few of them, also. Good luck to him!

Glittered Paws said...

Such a beautiful wreath - and fun to worth with stuff you didn't have to buy. Sending blessings to hubby for a complete recovery. Yes hasn't medicine come such a long way in the past few (or more) years.