Wish List

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Believe in the magic of the season...

 I found some pretty Christmas wreath downloads--free ones--from the Hungry Jpeg, and so I decided to use them to make some holiday cards. Here's what I came up with:

I made a red card base and then used a pinpoint snowflake background die on a red panel that I adhered to the front of my card. I then cut my wreath out with a circle die and a slightly larger circle out of gold metallic cardstock.

I added some Nuvo drops in gold and red wherever there were dots or berries in the design. I also outlined some of the holly leaves with a gold sparkle pen.

The sentiment was heat-embossed with gold embossing powder, cut out with a pinpoint circle die, matted with a gold circle and popped up on dimensionals.

As a final embellishment, I added a narrow strip of the gold cardstock and added a die-cut bow.


I stamped my inside sentiment with red ink and added some stamped holly. I colored the holly leaves with a gold pen and filled in the berries with a red pen.

I like the way these cards turned out, and I may make a few more of them to fill out my stash of Christmas cards.

I spent Sunday afternoon this week in the emergency room with my hubby. His "new" knee swelled up and was so painful he really couldn't walk on it. They checked him out, determined it wasn't anything serious, and sent him home again with some pain pills. Of course that all took about 5 hours! He's doing much better today and is able to once again walk with that leg, putting weight on it without pain. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Your cards look like they have fine china plates on them - so pretty. Great cards. Bummer about your husband's knee - glad he is better now. I hope it stays good!

designbydonna said...

Love those wreaths. I need to check out that website. All that gold and red are gorgeous. The die cut ribbons are a good idea to keep the card flat and not need extra postage. These remind me of pretty Christmas plates. The inside sentiment is so significant for these days. A lot of people in the world need to take this to heart.

Darnell said...

This design is spectacular, Cheryl! Really, you could have six of these on a wall and they would look like expensive and gorgeous Christmas plates! The gold ribbon and brilliant embossed red background just add to the interest and elegance! Glad to hear hubby's knee has settled down. So not cool when it's a new knee! I hope that's the end of any funny business with it. Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

When I first looked at them I thought they were plates, but oh how beautiful. Love gold embossing on any color. The sentiment on the inside is very nice. Glad to hear hubby's knee is doing better. I really need a new knee but keep putting it off.