Wish List

Friday, November 26, 2021

A funtastic 15th birthday card...

 

This is a card I made for my granddaughter who recently turned 15. I decided it was time to try a new (to me) fun fold. I saw a video tutorial for this card , but when it came time to make it, I couldn't find the video anywhere! I couldn't remember the name of the fold, either, so I simply had to "wing it."


I started by creating my two z-folds, one larger than the other, with DSP glued to the larger one and a medium blue CS to the smaller one. I adhered them together as you can see in the photo below. Then I focused on the front sentiment panel. I used a die to cut the word frame from glitter paper. I added a couple lengths of paper rick rack on each side of it to fill out my panel.




When the card is opened, the other two smaller panels appear. Fun, right?


One of my pocket dies came in handy as a money holder on the middle panel. "Funtastic" and "15" were cut from the same glitter cardstock as the word frame on the front. The dotted yellow paper is the backside of the light blue DSP.







The sentiment on this panel was computer-generated. A few more enamel dots finished it off.










The card stands nicely on its own. It was definitely a fun card to make.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday. We ate at my daughter's home. The food was all so delicious. I was charged with bringing the pies (apple, pumpkin, cherry) and the cranberry relish. It's so nice when the next generation takes charge of the main part of the meal, isn't it? I know I certainly appreciate it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card, Cheryl! You did an awesome job of "winging it." I'm sure Lucy will be impressed - and will enjoy the cash. LOL! We went over to our daughter-in-law's sister's house for Thanksgiving yesterday. It was very, very nice. And yes, it's great to have it somewhere else. We brought the dressing and pumpkin bars.

designbydonna said...

That surely is a funtastic card. You did a good job winging it on the fun fold. Your granddaughter will love it, especially the center pocket. If you remember the dimensions, would you mind sharing them? I would like to try this. We just got back from 5 days at my son's house. All our family was together (12 of us). It certainly is nice to pass on to the next generation. We had so much good food.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card for a granddaughter (especially the green cash). You did a great job on winging the fold.
We had Thanksgiving at our house this year, Had my son - and step daughter here to help and then the neighbors brought salad and dessert. Left overs tonight.

Patti J said...

Lucy will love this! Such creativity, dear friend! Love this!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love making Double Z-Fold cards. Love yours and I'm sure your granddaughter will too!

I'm finding out recently that we have to watch out for the thickness of our cards or the postage can be really high. Recently made one that would have costs $4.60! It will be hand delivered.