Wish List

Friday, November 5, 2021

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #177: Anything Goes or EnTWINEd (use twine)...


It's November and we here in Minnesota are hoping to get through the month without icy roads and piles of snow to shovel. At least that's what I'M hoping! I'll also be doing lots of crafting this month, making Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.

For this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create, I've chosen to make a Christmas card--mostly because I'm a bit behind in getting my usual 90 cards made plus 20-30 of them to donate, 

I love how my snowman turned out. He was created with a multi-layer stamp set. I used a combination of blue, gray and white inks on the various layers of snow, and I used black and gray inks on the hat.

To get my twine perfectly placed, and to keep it in place, I notched three tiny half circles with a 1/16" hole punch on each end. The half-circle notches are so tiny that you can't even see them once the twine is there. The tails of the twine were secured on the inside and a separate piece was used to tie a bow.

This is a "book binding" card, so the 1" section under the twine is adhered to the card back with some strong tape. That way my twine is not visible except on the front of the card.



The bright red scarf is actually die-cut from a snowman die set and glued in place. I thought it was just the right pop of red and coordinated nicely with my twine.

I masked off my snowman to blend some light blue ink to create a landscape behind my snowman. I used a torn piece of paper to mask off the "snow."







My inside space is a little narrower than usual because of the "bound" section on the left.  That's okay for my Christmas cards because I usually just sign them and include a separate family letter.

If you look closely you'll see that I have also blended a little light blue ink on this panel except where the stamped sentiment is . I've also adhered three of the same die-cut snowflakes that were used on the front.

Now it's your turn. We LOVE seeing all the creativity that crafters use in making projects for our challenges, so we hope you'll join in. The Design Team has provided some incredible inspiration for you over on Let's Craft and Create. I hope you'll take a peek. I know it will crank up your mojo.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love everything about this card. All the layers and shading make the snowman look 3-D. He has a cute welcoming smile too. The blue polkadots paper is a fitting background as it looks like it is snowing. I like the idea of putting on the ribbon before securing the book binding. I will give that a try. Your pops of red add a lot of merriment. Love that blue shading inside too. Great job!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, the shading on that snowman is really awesome! Such a cute card!

Lynette said...

Wow, what a great layering stamp set - I love your snowman! He looks so realistic. Love the pop of red, too, and the way you finished the inside of the card.

Glittered Paws said...

What is there not to like about this card - beautiful and love the book bind design. I really like the tip on how to put the twine on that will stay in place - what a great idea. I love snowmen so this card is in my favorites.

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl - love the snowman.
Lou xo

JemLou Productions