Wish List

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Thankful...


This is a pretty awful photo, but it was just impossible for me to get a good one. The leaves were cut from gold metallic cardstock, and they are very reflective. I know we've all tried photographing reflective crafting materials and been completely frustrated by the results!

I used some alcohol markers on the metallic CS to give my leaves some fall color. They kept their shine, and the colors gave them more of a fall look. For comparison, the "thankful" was cut from the same gold cardstock and no color was added.


I was actually pretty amazed at how the metallic cardstock took the color, and I think it looks pretty cool.

The center leaf has been popped up on dimensionals.




The inside sentiment was computer-generated.  It actually came from a Thanksgiving card we received from our auto insurance agent. I liked it, so I decided to use it on a few cards myself.

I'm writing this post on Monday night, and my hubby had to go to urgent care today for his new knee, as it swelled up again and caused him a lot of pain. He had to use his crutches to walk. They didn't really do anything for him (again), and I will be taking him in for an appointment with a P.A. tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. I sure hope this doesn't keep happening!

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those leaves are gorgeous. I am surprised the ink stayed on the gold surface. The angled view shows the leaves color really well. Maybe that is the answer to metallic papers. So sorry your husband is having so much trouble with the knee. That is frustrating when you think the new replacement is supposed to make it better.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh poor hubby, hope things went better for him today :( It's not easy when you're in pain!
What an absolutely beautiful card, I LOVE your leaves Cheryl! A lot of our trees are almost bare, I can hardly believe winter is nearly here again already, that year flew in!!!

Jeanne H said...

Really unique and pretty leaves. I do hope your dh is doing better. I bet you take good care of him.

Patti J said...

Hope hubby gets some relief! Keep us posted! Our card is lovely, and I feel your photography pain, my friend! The metallic card stocks are nearly impossible. Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Wow what awesome cards - never thought to use alcohol ink on metallic cardstock but it is beautiful and really adds dimension. Hope poor hubby got not only some relief but some answers as well. Keep us updated.

Lynette said...

Oh, I hope he got some help on Tuesday and is doing better today. Your card is very lovely. What a great idea to color on the foil - very cool! And, the sentiment on the inside is awesome, also.