Wish List

Friday, November 19, 2021

A couple more metallic leaf cards...


 This card features more of those leaves cut from gold metallic cardstock and then colored with alcohol markers. Once again the photographs are not good because of the shine, but I think you get the idea. I have popped my sentiment up on foam tape.


You can see in this photo how the color varies across the leaf. I quite like that.

My only other embellishment was a few gold pearls.




My inside sentiment is a stamp that I really like. It's hard to find good Thanksgiving Day stamps, and I like to use new sentiments every year.








This card features a metallic cardstock leaf and a regular cardstock leaf (the smaller one) that has been painted with a metallic water paint. It doesn't show in the photo, but it has a nice sheen.


Here's a close-up for you. My background paper was so busy that I didn't add any other embellishments--just a couple of strips of the gold cardstock in the upper right corner.






For this card, I've used a computer-generated sentiment.

I feel like my Thanksgiving Day cards were a bit blah this year. I just couldn't get into making them, so this is the best I could do. I hope my mojo returns and helps me finish my Christmas cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, those leaves are stunning. I'm going to try coloring on metallic cardstock. I always thought it would wipe off. Both are beautiful but my favorite is the one with the busy background. The coloring and slanting font makes me think of blowing leaves.

Lynette said...

Well, I don't think they are "blah" - I think they are very pretty!! Love the ink on the metallic cardstock idea.

Glittered Paws said...

I love the foil leaves colored with the alcohol markers. I don't have anything on my desk (yet) so I am going to have to try this today. Both of your cards are beautiful. I've got to get a couple in the mail tomorrow - I usually send more but with the class we had and life just didn't have time to make but a couple. Patti and I have often said we wished you lives closer so we could get together. I think we would have a really good time.

Patti J said...

Another beautiful fall card! Love these gorgeous metallic leaves! Hugs…!

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog