Wish List

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Like a fine wine...

 

Recently, I purchased a die set that included a wine bottle, wine glass and a cluster of grapes. I've used that set to create this card.

I started with a piece of  ink-resist DSP from Stampin' Up. I used a blending brush to add some purple ink to the paper. When I was done, a quick wipe with a soft cloth removed the ink still sitting on top of the resist pattern. I love how quick it is to create just the right color of DSP with this paper.

I cut my wine bottle from green vellum and my wine glass from an uncolored piece of vellum. I colored the back sides of these pieces to create the illusion of wine. They were adhered by covering the entire back of the die-cut piece with double-sided adhesive. That way, you can't see the adhesive through the translucent vellum.

The label was a separate die piece cut from white cardstock and sponged along the edges with a little tea-dye Distress Ink. I hand wrote "Fine Wine" on the label with a fine point black pen.

The grape cluster was cut from white CS and colored with an assortment of markers, colored pencils and pens.

My curlique stamp in the right had corner of my focal panel and the sentiment came from a wine-focused stamp set. I've had this set for a long time and haven't used it nearly enough! 

The inside of my card features a border stamp from the same wine-themed stamp set and a birthday sentiment from a different set.

It was fun making a wine-themed card. I happen to like a nice glass of red wine from time to time, although I wasn't drinking any when I made this card! lol

Having just recovered from a knee injury from mowing my lawn (I have a frayed meniscus and the mowing really irritated it), I am now struggling with bursitis in my left shoulder. It got so bad I was really having trouble sleeping. I think it's on the downhill trend right now, though, as the discomfort seems to be lessening. It really interrupts my crafting when I have an aching shoulder!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Lovely wine themed card for red wine lovers. Love all the details. That curlique balances the image. So sorry about your injuries. Maybe you should drink a glass of red wine. It may not help your injuries but you would feel better about them. I've had that shoulder thing too. Not comfortable. I finally had to have a joint injection and a round of physical therapy.

Lynette said...

What a fun card using so many different materials and techniques! The leaves are especially my favorite - they look so realistic. Sorry about your ailments - I hope they continue to get better every day!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh no - we just don't know when we have reached our limit do we??? This is a really appropriate card for several of my "older"friends. Take a rest so things can heal.