Wish List

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Cards for the kids...

 ...and by "kids" I mean those six grown-up kids who have given us 10 beautiful grandchildren!

I've had this sweet "cup of cocoa" die set since before Christmas 2020 and had never used it. I decided it was time and thought these cards would be perfect to send to our grown children and their families to wish them Merry Christmas.

I started by cutting all the pieces for my focal image from white cardstock. Then I sat in front of the TV one night and colored them with my Promarkers before gluing them all together.


I added some shadows around the little snowman (or is it a snowgirl?), whipped cream and marshmallows. I also added some rosy cheeks and some white dots to the eyes.

When it was all glued together, I popped the whole image up on foam squares. In fact, you can see one of them peeking out from under the cup's handle.

I cut an oval from my DSP to allow my kraft card base to show through. I felt this helped to draw the eye to the image.

The sentiment was computer-generated, cut out with a sentiment die and inked around its edges. I also popped it up on foam tape.


I really liked the red DSP for the background. The whitish triangles were actually a beige color which worked well with my kraft card base.

The green background added some nice contrast. All of the DSP came from a distressed Christmas 6" X 6" paper pad that I've had for years. I think I must have been saving it just for these cards!

On the inside of each card I printed another sentiment with my computer. I also added a strip of the same DSP that had been used on the front of the card.

These cards were a bit fiddly, but still so much fun to make. The coloring was simple enough that it didn't take much time at all. In fact, I made all six of them (two of each shown here) in an evening.

We are back from a quick trip to see our daughter and her family in North Dakota. While it was cold, the roads were in good shape, and there wasn't too much traffic. We are now ready to settle down and celebrate Christmas at home with family members who are able to join us.

I wish all of you a fabulous holiday celebration, and I hope to read all about it in your blogs after Christmas.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cuteness overload here Cheryl. Those snowmen melting into the cup of cocoa are just adorable. I have a gingerbread man in a cup so I am going to keep these designs in mind for that.

Lynette said...

Very cool cards, Cheryl, and I'm sure they will be (were??) appreciated very much! Glad you had nice roads for traveling. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww these are fab, I'm sure the 'kids' loved them. Glad to hear you had fun with your daughter and home safe and sound, have a great Christmas xx

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card - love the snow person - (I think it is a snow girl) - so much detail especially the little white dots in the eyes. Fun cards to give to the big people. Glad your trip north was safe and no bad weather to deal with.