Wish List

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Simple sympathy card...

 

I needed some sympathy cards and came up with this very simple design.

I had a pretty border die of a row of flowers--they look like water lilies to me. I decided to use it as the focal point of my card, keeping the layout really simple.

I found some silver cardstock with a "brushed" design on it. I cut a strip to back the die-cut and also used it to cut out my sentiment.

The silver cardstock was pretty heavy, so even though I didn't layer my sentiment, it still had some dimension.







On the inside of my card, I stamped a sentiment with no other embellishment.

I'm going to make a few more of these cards so that I have some on hand and also have some to donate to the thrift store. 

I think the rich purple and elegant silver are what make this card special. I have a 12" X 12" stack of cardstock in jewel tones, and I think those papers will be perfect to make more of these.

We had a lovely Christmas with some of our family members able to celebrate with us. So much food. So many gifts. So much fun. 


Here we are with three of the grands and one of their dogs. This was taken Christmas morning after they had finished opening their gifts.

I hope your celebrations were as merry as ours. I am looking forward to a New Year filled with blessings. After all, there's no sense in looking forward to doom and gloom!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful sympathy card. The rich purple and silver work really well together. I like the sentiment too. I try to keep sympathy cards on hand too.. That is a lovely family picture. I too wish for a better New Year. Unfortunately, I read in the news this morning that Indiana rates last in COVID safety states. We have only aboutg 75% vaccine rate.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, that is a very nice sympathy card. I love the border die you used. It's great to get a picture with the grandkids at the holidays!

Lynette said...

Such a pretty card, Cheryl - great choices for a sympathy card. And what a great looking family! Thanks for sharing the photo. So nice you were able to be with family for Christmas.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, and beautiful grandkids! Love the pooch, too…our Sophie has the same build! Tanks for sharing!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful sympathy card Cheryl and love the colour choice and the dies that you have used to make it. You always create the perfect sentiments to accompany your cards too. What a lovely family photo and I wish you all the very best for a healthy & Happy New Year - Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

Such a pretty sympathy card, and love the sentiment. Sympathy are so difficult to make "on the spot".
What a great picture, I'm already into the "great grandkids", which are so much fun
Have a Happy New Year I've already swept 2021 out the doors and windows!!! Our last week of 2021 was a challenge.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a lovely photo... And you're all so well coordinated too!! ;)
A great sympathy card, simple but so striking with those colours. I need to get some made as I don't think I've any in my stash.