Wish List

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Using a book-themed die set...

I continue to stop in Dollar Tree when I can and look for any book stickers they might have. I haven't found any  since I got the ones I shared in this post.

I'm a reader and I've been an active member of the same book club for about 25 years, so I loved their book stickers. Since DT doesn't seem to offer them anymore, I decided to get a book-themed die set. 

Here's a card I made with it:

I cut the books out of some kraft cardstock and colored them. I cut the pages out of off-white cardstock and inked it a little. I even added what I hope looks like book titles with a black fine-point felt pen.


I will definitely be making more of this card for the male members of my family!











Here's what I stamped on the inside.

I am linking this card to the NBUS Challenge Blog, Challenge #58, since this is the first time I have used this die set.                                              









And since I'm on the topic of masculine cards, here are a couple more:

This one used one of the papers from a marble-like paper pack. I thought it looked a bit like ocean water. I used a couple of dimensional seashell stickers and a netting die-cut that I got from my sister quite a long time ago. I die-cut the birthday sentiment three times and stacked it for some dimension.


I used the left-over piece of DSP on the inside along with a lone seahorse sticker that was in my stash.

My sentiment on the inside of this card was computer-generated.




This card features an old Model T? car. I believe it's an old die from Cottage Cutz, but I'm not certain, as it was given to me by a neighbor. I popped the white panel up on foam tape and added an enamel dot at each end of my birthday banner.



And here's the stamped sentiment I added to the inside.











I hope you had a celebratory New Year's Eve. We stayed home and had some homemade soup. We're big soup fans! As we neared the witching hour, my husband insisted we sit on the floor in front of the television (they were showing fireworks) and smooch at the stroke of midnight!


So here we are, smooching away. You'd think we were a couple of teenagers. LOL

I hope that 2024 brings you more happiness than your heart can hold--and some quality crafting time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


8 comments:

designbydonna said...

You are really rocking the masculine style cards. That book set is great for any avid reader. I like your textured backgrounds. That paper really does look like the tie coming in. Love the insided of that one with the seahorse. Vintage cars are always a great choice for guys. I only made it to 10:30 New Year's Eve. We are not night owls for sure.

Darnell said...

Well, I was loving all your manly card designs, Cheryl, but that photo of you and your Mister kissing stole the show! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on having a fun-loving and youthful hubby! But, seriously, great card designs! That book die is incredible for book-lovers. And speaking of cards, if I haven't already said so, thank you for the wonderful Christmas card! And thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Love the masculine cards, they are always a struggle for me.
We made it to midnight, but Leigh is suffering from a bad cold, so no New Year smooches. Have a great 2024!!

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards! You do great work with masculine cards! They're not easy for me. Cute .Pic! I love it!

Cindy Beach said...

Well, I came from NBUS to see cards but I have to say my biggest smile has come from the SMOOCH! How sweet. Your masculine cards are inspiring too. I LOVE the book birthday card, it is so unique!

Lynette said...

Happy New Year to you, Cheryl! I finally got caught up on your blog posts again. Great cards!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww how romantic! Greg went to bed early and I stayed up to watch the fireworks in London so no smooching here LOL
Loving your male themed cards, you make them look so easy!

Glittered Paws said...

Wow what great masculine cards - you are set for a while. LOVE the book dies - going to have to go look for that one to add to my collection. I am an avid reader - and have been from as long as I can remember.
We didn't make it until midnight, sister and BIL were here and by 11 I told them I couldn't play cards any longer, I had to get my leg up. Love the picture of you two celebrating.