Wish List

Friday, January 12, 2024

Stack, cut and shuffle...

 In trying to use up some of my old 6" X 6" paper pads, I decided to use the stack, cut and shuffle technique to create some cards.

First, I cut a 3 3/4" X 5" panel from three different, but coordinating, patterned sheets. I stacked these panels and then cut them--all at once-- into three polygons. Once that was done, I shuffled the patterns and adhered them to three mats.

After gluing the matted pieces to a card base, I cut a large sentiment and its shadow and popped them up in the center. As a final touch, I added three tiny flowers that I had in my stash.

I made the second card into a birthday card, once again popping up the die-cut sentiment. This time, I embellished the card front with three enamel dots.

My third card was a get well card. This time I used the card base in the portrait orientation, popped up the sentiment and added some Nuvo Drops for embellishment.

After I had completed these three cards, I had some pieces left of each pattern, so I die-cut the pieces into strips of different widths, glued them at an angle onto a piece of copy paper, cut it to size and made this card:

This became another birthday card with a large sentiment that was stamped, matted and popped up with a couple of leafy sprigs beneath it.

In order to get the right color of ink for my sentiment, I had to use two different ink colors, blue and green, stamping them one at a time on top of each other until I had the right shade. Thank goodness for my stamp positioner, which enables me to stamp in exactly the same spot every time!


I used the same process to get the right color of ink for my inside sentiment, too. And I added the last of my strips here, along with a tiny sprig, for a little embellishment.

This was a fun process for using up some paper and creating some cards. Have you ever tried it? If you haven't, I definitely recommend giving it a go.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool cards, and great idea for customizing your ink color!

JD/ Jill said...

To answer your question... No! I have never tried it. To be honest, I have never heard of that technique before. As you may have guessed after looking at my blog. I love to do different techniques. I need to see if I can find instructions for this.

Glittered Paws said...

I love this technique - have done it a couple of times. I think the creative bug has bitten me this morning so I think maybe I will spend some time in my craft room this afternoon and putting this in my stack of ideas to play with.
I have a couple more weeks of therapy to go through yet but doing well, should have done it several years ago).