Wish List

Friday, January 19, 2024

Using some rub-ons and a masculine card...

 I was given some rub-ons and thought I'd put them to good use on some cards to donate to the thrift store.

The flowers and butterflies on this card are all rub-ons. They were so colorful and really dressed up the front of the card. I added the die-cut sentiment, which was cut multiple times and stacked for dimension. I also added some gems to the centers of the flowers.


On the inside of this card I stamped a simple sentiment (I added the ellipsis with a pen) at the top so that the sender had lots of room to write a lengthy note.








I used some floral DSP for this card that coordinated nicely with another rub-on butterfly. "Hello" and its shadow were die-cut and adhered directly onto the card front.



The little "stars" were also rub-ons. I added a gem to the center of each.







On the inside of this card I added a stamped sentiment and one more tiny rub-on.









I recently bought some vertical sentiment dies. I used one of them on this masculine card and really like them for applications like this. 


All the printed papers on this card came from the same (very old) paper stack. The center panel on the card front was a small piece that I cut from one of the sheets, matted and popped up on foam tape. 









A sentiment was stamped on the inside. I did my best to center it under the front of the card, which was about an inch narrower than the back.

*****

The intensely cold weather that we have had lately prompted me to buy a new winter jacket. My old one was really getting worn looking and had a missing button and a hole in one of the pockets. I certainly could have sewn a button on and mended the pocket, but the wool was wearing so thin in areas that a couple of little holes had developed. It was time for a new one! I received it in the mail this week and wore it for the first time yesterday.

It's a down-filled 3/4 length jacket that has both snaps and a zipper closure. It is so warm and I really love it. But now, of course, the weather is warming up and is supposed to be above freezing next week. Go figure! Oh well, I'm certain there is more cold weather yet to come.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Super cards, Cheryl! I'm especially fond of the last one. Way to use up more materials. I'm working really hard to use up card parts and other miscellaneous things. Enjoy your jacket! :-)

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are really nicely done. I know I won['t see any butterflies today
with all the snow we had.

Your new coat sounds really nice. I don't know where you live but I know where I live I'm pretty sure ....even it warms up we will have some more cold weather...It's only January!
And before I forget the first card that I posted on my blog. I see that It now only brought back memories for me...It brought back some nice memories for you. Makes me especially glad that I posted it.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl, I have some rub-ons in my stash that I really must look out!
Enjoy your new coat - I've just bought a new 3/4 length puffer coat too and it has been a great buy for both the cold and the rain (though I know my 'cold' isn't anywhere near yours LOL)

Darnell said...

Hi Cheryl! Seems like ages since I've been by ... well, because it has been, lol! It's good to catch up and be inspired by you, as always, especially when it comes to decorating the insides of my cards, as well as the outside. Your buyers totally get their money's worth! I'm rediscovering rubons, too; they are so much nicer than I remember them from years ago. All of these designs are terrific and your new coat sounds wonderfully warm! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Papers (even old ones) just don't seem to go out of style - if used correctly and that you did on the masculine card. And here you go with my favorite eye catching butterflies. I haven't used rubons in a really long time - I might have to see if I can find them.