Wish List

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Pretty Gingko leaves on a card...

 

This die that cuts a cluster of Gingko leaves is one of my favorites, especially for making sympathy and get well cards. I've showcased it here in a couple of different ways.


This card is quite simply designed. I glued the die-cut to a textured piece of paper, which was glued to a card base.









I stamped a sentiment, cut it out and popped it up on some foam tape. The only embellishement was a few turquoise gems.

















This second card used up a scrap of striped paper that was sitting in my stash, begging to be used.


The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Once again, I added some gems for embellishment.







I stamped a sentiment on the inside of both cards.

I did a little research on Gingko leaves, as I knew there was a history of their use in medicine. I found that the medicinal uses of Gingko can be traced back to the Chinese herbal database known as the Materia Medica, which was written about 2800 B.C. The leaves were used for brain disorders, circulatory disorders and respiratory diseases. 

They must have a pretty powerful effect on the human body. I only want the sight of them on my get well cards to help someone feel better!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love your ginko leaf cards. There is just something calming looking at ginko laves. I didn't know that about Chinese medicine. I'll include that info on the next get well card I make with the ginko leaves.

Lynette said...

Pretty cards, Cheryl! You have the best dies!! I love the simplicity and beauty of these.

JD/ Jill said...

Interesting background about leaves.
Both card are really pretty...but I have to say that my favorite is the one with the striped background!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are so pretty and delicate get well cards and interesting info on the ginko leaves too. I haven't seen a die like this before. Have a great weekend. Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

What fun to research Ginko leaves - I need it for "brain" assist. Love the ginko die - and you are right it makes a beautiful get well or sympathy card.

Lynne in NI said...

I've heard of Gingko but never looked before now to see what they looked like! That's a fab die and perfect for your get well cards.