Wish List

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Flowers and butterflies...

It's always nice to think about flowers and butterflies when the temperature is below 0 degrees outside. We're warming up a bit now, but last week was a bonified Minnesota cold spell. To get my mind off of it, I made a few cards with flowers and butterflies.

This slimline card was made with a special slimline frame die. After cutting it out in a green patterned DSP, I also cut the flowers from pink and blue CS. 

The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base. I made sure it fit perfectly between the two flowers.


I adhered each flower around the center and then popped up each petal with a piece of double-sided foam tape.










I have a few very nice thank you stamps now, and this is one of them.











This card features another slimline frame die with butterflies. This card is a little bigger than the first one because I already had the card base cut and folded and I didn't want to cut it down anymore.


To add color to my butterflies, I slipped a piece of copy paper underneath each wing and used my blending brushes to add color.

Each butterfly did have an attached body, but I cut off the top (head) and bottom (tail) and then adhered a separate body cut from silver metallic CS. This also helped secure the butterflies in place.









Once again, just a simple stamped sentiment on the inside.










For this card, I stamped, colored and die-cut a cluster of flowers. I first used the coordinating stencils to color the flowers, but I wasn't satisfied with the result, so I used my watercolor pencils to add more depth and detail.


The embossed panel underneath the flowers is vellum. I love the look of embossed vellum! I have some 1" wide double-sided tape, and I used that to adhere the vellum. I just made sure that I not only covered the entire back side of the vellum with the tape, but that I also overlapped the pieces. That way it doesn't show at all.

The sentiment was popped up on foam tape.





Here is the stamped sentiment I added to the inside.







I made this card because I was tired of seeing the striped piece of DSP laying on my desk. I used an angled scalloped border die for the bottom. I cut the edge again out of white and glued it on top of the striped edge and finished it off with a couple narrow stitched strips of yellow CS.

The "thank you" sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with blue EP.


These butterfly dies are some of my favorites. I love the stitched detail on them.

I added some double-sided foam tape underneath their wings and an enamel dot in the center of each.







Keepting with the blue and yellow theme, I stamped the inside sentiment with blue ink.

*****

This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one. We're going to a dance performance at the University of Minnesota on Thursday and out for a special dinner on Saturday. Then, of course, we'll go to church on Sunday.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a beautiful array of cards As always your flowers are really pretty. I like the idea of putting bits of foam under the petals to raise them. Love the embossed vellum. I will have to do that more. You know I love butterflies. These are beautiful. That silver body and antenna is a great accent.

Lynette said...

What an awesome bunch of cards, Cheryl!! They are all fabulous. So many pretty colors and die-cuts and so well put together, too.

Glittered Paws said...

BEAUTIFUL - as I scrolled down the samples one was prettier than the last one. I couldn't pick a favorite. Love all the butterflies - butterflies go with just about anything and love the way you colored them.
Working on getting some of my MoJo back - and new stamps will help when they come in!!!
Great job. Sounds like a fun weekend.

JD/ Jill said...

Love all Your butterfly cards.

In one of your posts you said that your temps were down to 0
It's been cold here too, but not that low. I'm happy we didn't have those temps when our OLD heater shut down for a day. Brrr... I was dressed for outside weather inside my house. We were fortunate to have a repair man come to fix the heater. (but I don't think he'll want to come back again... our old heater gave him a difficult time to get up and running again). So guess what's in our future (Yes a new heater...

Your lovely butterflies made me think of spring today. (My favorite season of the year. Keep warm and have a good day.