Wish List

Friday, January 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #203: Anything Goes or A Penny for your Thoughts (use a sentiment)...

 


Wow, it's 2024! When I was a child, I couldn't even imagine living in that faraway year. Yet, here we are, and it's time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

This month we are giving you the inspiration of using a sentiment. I have a favorite sentiment stamp and die set, and I've used it on these cards:

I've opted to use the "Sending" die and its shadow and popped it up with foam tape at a slight angle at the top of each card. Underneath, I have stamped, die-cut and popped up a secondary sentiment from the set.

I chose colors that were in the background DSP. Although you can't really see it in the photos, there is a bit of metallic gold in the pattern.

I die-cut several flowers in graduated sizes and layered them. Before doing that, I inked the ends of the petals with a very pale pink oxide ink. Normally, I will ink the centers of flowers, but in this case, I decided to ink the petal edges.

The flower layers are held together with a tiny green brad and attached to the card with a glue dot.

I die-cut a couple green, leafy sprigs and a couple of metallic gold sprigs and arranged them around my flowers.


On the inside of the card, I have stamped a simple birthday sentiment.









This card was made using the same process as I used on the first one.


You may be able to see evidence of the lighter inking on the edge of the petals in this photo.

The gold sprigs are a little easier to see, as well.







Once again, a sentiment was stamped on the inside of the card.

Check out all of the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team on the Let's Craft and Create site. They have some wonderful creations on display.

I hope you'll take this chance to join in the fun and post your creation on the site. It's so much fun to see what you create, and to make it even more fun, there is a prize being offered.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice, love the colors!

Lynette said...

These are very pretty, Cheryl! Great paper and sentiments.

designbydonna said...

Very pretty cards. The pretty flowers really pop off that background paper.

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! This card made me think of my best friend (Lost her three yrs ago to a heart attack) She definitely would have loved this card. Her favorite color was red. Every birthday card that I would make for her had a lot of red. (by the way...Your card didn't make me sad. I miss my dear friend so much but she was so funny and It makes me smile to think of her.)

Lynne in NI said...

Lol back in the day the turn of the century seemed so far away and it's already a lifetime ago! LOVE your floral cards Cheryl, they are sooooo pretty xx

Glittered Paws said...

You are right 2024 seemed like 100 years away and oh look at the changes we have seen and the wisdom we have gained LOL
Both of your cards are very nice - love diecuts and I think I have the same sentiment - I like it when the dies have a shadow die cut underneath.