Wish List

Friday, December 29, 2023

A flip card from a kit...

 

One of the card kits that were given to me contained some black, rectangular "flip" cardbases, fun punch-out shapes and some coordinating DSP. 


I pulled out one of the cardbases and a red punch-out shape that resembled a flower. I stamped a die-cut circle and popped it up on the flower shape before adding it to the flip mechanism. I also added a tiny black gem to each petal of the flower.

I chose two of the coordinating DSP patterns and added one to each side of my card base. Then I cut a white rectangle and matted it in red before stamping "What's new?" on it and adding it to the backside of the flip mechanism. This photo shows the card when it has been "flipped" open.

This card was fun to make, so I think I'll make a few more.

I thought I would also share a Christmas card (or three!) on this and some upcoming posts. I like to have them documented so that next year, when I'm trying to come up with Christmas card ideas, I can easily look back at my previous December and January posts and see what I made that year.

These cards were made with some very old cardbases that had a red and green striped border. 

For this card, I matted a piece of DSP that had holiday greetings written in rows across it. After adding that to my card base, I also added a holly sprig, some red gems for berries and a ribbon bow.

This card features a red panel cut from an old store-bought Christmas card. I love when I can upcycle parts of old cards. I added a snowflake (the larger one) and the word "merry." Both had been enclosed as a little extra in a Christmas card from fellow cardmaker Darnell of D J Kard KreationsBeneath "merry" I popped up the word "Christmas." 

Finally, I added a die-cut gingerbread boy and a ouple more punched snowflakes.

Darnell had also enclosed a red "merry" in her Christmas card, so I added that die-cut to this card. This time I heat embossed "Christmas" onto a strip of red CS and popped it up.

The Christmas tree was made with a die set I had on hand. The set has some tiny ornament dies, but I opted to just do a little inking on the lower branches and add a simple red garland made with Nuvo Drops. The die-cut star on top was also from the set.

I am still working at cleaning up the Christmas mess in my craft room. I have more dies and stamps for Christmas than I have for any other holiday, so it's a lot to clean up and reorganize.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love that fun fold. Fun folds add a lot of interest. I am going to try more fun folds in the new year.The flowers are so cheerful. Wonderful array of Christmas cards. I also look back on my posts when in need of inspiration and so I won't repeat a card on a post. Happy New Crafting year

JD/ Jill said...

Love all your CARDS. Disappointed in myself because I didn't get all my Christmas cards done this year. I honestly did the best I could...(Did not plan on getting sick and have so many Dr appointments! Believe me I would rather be crafting.

Glittered Paws said...

What fun to share your Christmas card ideas. I didn't make many new ones this year due to the surgery so I used out of my stash.
Love the flip fold - my favorite kind of card to make is a fun fold.
Doing just a little more each day - the surgeon is very pleased with my progress and PT is pushing me into doing things I didn't know my knee could do!!!