Wish List

Friday, December 15, 2023

A bow on the top or the bottom...

 

I enjoyed making these cards, but I couldn't decide if I liked the bow better on the top of my wreath or the bottom. What do you think?

To make the first card, I die-cut the wreath twice out of two different shades of green cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed, die-cut and then popped up on dimentionals. 

I had purchased a bag of little red bows, with this specific card in mind, so I grabbed one of them and quickly adhered it to the top of the wreath. But then I wasn't sure I liked it there.

I made another card the same way, but this time I put the bow on the bottom.


I added red Nuvo Drops to the berry sprigs for a little extra color and dimension.









On the inside of each card, I stamped a sentiment in green and red. It's actually two sentiments, I guess, from two different stamps, so it was easy enough to do.

So how would you vote? Bow on the top, or the bottom?

I will be making a few more of these for the thrift store, as the Christmas cards are selling like crazy there, and I'll place the bows according to the most votes. Thanks for your input!

Today I am baking my husband's favorite cookie--Date Pinwheels. I only make them once a year because it takes me three days: Day 1 - make the dough and filling and chill overnight, Day 2 - roll out the dough, spread the filling, roll the dough with filling into a long tube shape and chill overnight, Day 3 - bake them. Sheesh! What I do for that man!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are very pretty. I like that wreath. I vote bow on top.

Lynette said...

They are both very, very pretty and I'm not sure about the bow. I think I like the top a little bit better, though.

Glittered Paws said...

Well...my vote is box on the bottom. But I really do like them both. I am sure they will both sell well at the thrift store.
Are the date pinweel cookies amilable!!! LOL I have made these a few times and you are right 3 days to make them. But oh so good. My friend Patti makes date nut bars which are really good. Me - well I'm not so sure I will get anything baked this year. I am doing well and will go to the cane on Monday. Ready to ditch the walker.
First time on my laptop since surgery so I have some catching up to do plus pay some bills.
off to see your other creations from the last two weeks.

Jeanne H said...

Super card! I like the bow on the bottom the best.

JD/ Jill said...

Well, I won't be any help. I like them both ways! very nicely done cards!