Wish List

Friday, December 8, 2023

Playing with Lunar Paste...


I have some holly layering stencils, so I wanted to use them along with inks and some Lunar Paste to make Christmas cards.

I selected the colors "Bee Sting" (a deep, bright red) and "Fake Plant" (a bright foresst green) for my holly. The names they gave those colors just made me laugh!

In preparation for making 20 cards, I first cut all my A2 card bases out of red and my layering panels out of metallic gold and white. I die-cut each sentiment from the center of a gold panel, since no one would see those areas anyway. 

To start creating the card fronts, I first inked the green sprigs onto the white panels, using the first of my layering stencils.

Then I added the green Lunar Paste through the second "sprig" stencil.

After the green was dry, I added the red Lunar Paste with the first berry stencil. There is a second berry layering stencil, but I didn't use it on top of the red Lunar Paste. The paste had enough sheen and dimension to make one layer of it sufficient.



I used only inks with the four layering stencils on the inside to create the sprig of holly above my stamped sentiment. If you enlarge the photo you can see the second layer of darker red ink on the berries.

I ended up making 19 cards with this design.






I used a second design on my stencil set to create just this one card, and I did it in exactly the same way as I did the others..

The Lunar Paste was so much fun to work with. Here's a link to a very short video that better shows the sheen and smoothness of it. I hope to get a few more colors of it in the future.

I am dog-sitting this week at my daughter's house. Along with trying to tie up some holiday "loose ends," I've been super busy.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Fabulous, Cheryl!! Enjoy your dog sitting.

R's Rue said...

Amazingly beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

designbydonna said...

Very pretty. Amazing you could do 20 of these. I haven't tried lunar paste. I'll have to go watch the video and check it out. I like the font on the sentiments. too.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty - I have one layered stencil (floral) but have not played with it yet. You did an amazing job - and love the look of the lunar paste. I'm headed over to watch the video.
We dog sit our neighbors sometimes - "Walker" a minature schnauzer and as cute as can be. Very well behaved too. He likes my lap when he stays. Our Buddy dog is just too big to be a lap dog although he would love it.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! I had about the paste but never used it. I used to make cards all the time using metal stencils and embossing paste. It was fun. I need to get back and try it again. (probably have to buy new paste ...The jars I have are probably dried out by now