Wish List

Friday, December 1, 2023

Birthday card for my granddaughter...

 I have a beautiful granddaughter whose birthday was late last month.


She turned 17 and is an amazing student and athlete. And she's gorgeous, to boot!

It's hard to make a card that really reflects how wonderful she is. Anyway, here is the card I created for her:

I decided to make a gatefold card with a couple of pop-ups inside. I used a fancy oval die-cut as a backdrop for my fun dress (also die-cut).


The dress top is popped up on foam squares, and I added a few gems around it for some sparkle.









On the inside (sorry for the dark picture), I created two pop-outs, one for a couple of purse die-cuts and one for a fun pair of high heels with a gem added to each of them for sparkle.

As you can see, there is plenty of room to write a personal note and sign the card.

My granddaughter sent me a text after receiving this card and told me how much she liked it.

It's so satisfying to be able to make a personalized card for each family member. Even though it's just a card, it's still packed with love and good wishes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Both your granddaughter and your card are gorgeous. Love the dress, and then the surprise of the purse and shoes. Totally girly!

Patti J said...

Wow! She is gorgeous! That birthday card is perfect for her - great job! Love that fun design!

Patti J said...

P.S., I actually posted on my blog today, can you believe it?

Lynne in NI said...

Awww such a gorgeous card Cheryl, I'm not surprised she loved it! (and your granddaughter is a stunner too!)
Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving. You've been busy as always!

Glittered Paws said...

What a special birthday card for a special person. She is sure beautiful. De. 5 is my knee replacement o I will be MIA on comments for a week or so. Have a great week.

Lynette said...

I agree - she is beautiful! And so is the special card you made for her. Awesome!! I have checked out the cards on your blog to get caught up. They are all amazing, of course! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Granddaughter...and a Lovely card that you made for her!