Wish List

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Whimsical cards...

 I'm always looking for ways to use my frog die. I think he's so cute! Here's a card I made recently that features him:

The word "relax" is a big chipboard sticker that had been in my stash for a long time. In fact it had detached from its plastic backing and was no longer sticky, so it was definitely time to use it. I decided to create a birthday card with the sticker and the die-cut frog that was popped up on dimensionals.


Of course, I had to give him some googly eyes. And a crown. After all, he's celebrating a birthday!









To decorate the inside, I added a strip of the leafy-patterned DSP and a couple of die-cut leavese that mimic those in the patterned paper.

To finish it off, I stamped a sentiment.










These two cards were made with DSP and scalloped circles from a card kit. 


On this card, the cupcake, the Happy Birthday stamp and the decorative brad on the sentiment banner were all from the kit.


The smaller scalloped circle and the cupcake were both popped up on dimensionals. I added some Nuvo Drops to the dotted design on the circle.


















I added a stamped sentiment and a few of the kit's scalloped circle punch-outs to the inside.








This second card was made very similar to the previous one, however I used a couple of gems instead of the cupcake punch-out and the brad.


Once again I added Nuvo Drops on the dots in the design of the top scalloped circle.







I gave the inside of this card the same treatment as the cupcake card. These were fun and quick to make. 

I have found I like working with card kits, but I rarely use the contents the way the instructions suggest.  I try to get more cards than the kit intends so that I have more to donate.

Our family members have returned to the West Coast after spending Thanksgiving with us. I was sad to see them go. They lead such busy lives that I'm not sure when they'll be able to come back. And they left us with too many leftovers!! We're doing our best to eat them, but I'm not sure we'll be able to consume them all. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That frog is so adorable. I always put googly eyes on frogs too. The card kit ones have pretty papers and the focal point reflects the circles too. I like card kits. But like you, I try to stretch them into more cards and then add other embellishments like those Nuvo drops. They really accent the circles.

Patti J said...

That frog is adorable! Love that you perched him up on the Relax, great idea! The circles are such nice cards! Someone will sure enjoy receiving any of these! Thanks for the inspiration!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done cards!