Wish List

Friday, November 3, 2023

Washi tape cards...

 One of the card kits that my friend from church gave me was focused on using washi tape. Here are a couple of cards I made from that kit:

Each flag on the little banner was made with washi tape, doubled over the baker's twine and then notched on the end. The baker's twine is held in place on each end with a tiny brad.


I also put a short strip of double-sided adhesive behind each flag to hold it in place.

The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up with dimensionals.




On the inside, I added a strip of washi tape for decoration and then used two more stamps to create a sentiment.







On this card, I wrapped a white panel with strips of all the washi tapes included in the kit. After stamping "hello" several times across the top of my washi tapes, I used a black marker to create the dots in between the words.


And this is what I stamped on the inside.

I really am enjoying making cards from these kits. If I ever get them all used up, I might consider purchasing one from time to time. They are a great way to get your creative juices flowing. In fact, this week, my mojo was in high gear, and I made 40 cards!

Have you ever used a card kit? If so, do you have a favorite company that makes them? I'd love to know for future reference.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What great washi tape cards - I have a shoe box full of the stuff - so just may have to get it out. 40 cards - that was a workout.

Patti J said...

These are great! What a fun way to use up that Washi Tape - thanks for the inspiration!

Patti J said...

Wow! I forgot to say that! 40 cards! Holy cow! Love it!

Lynette said...

Super washi tape cards, Cheryl!! And oh my goodness - 40 cards in a week! I don't think I've made that many cards in the last MANY months. It's not been a good card-making year for me, sorry to say. I don't have many cards for you. :-(