Wish List

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Thanksgiving cards...

 Have you finished making your thanksgiving cards yet? I have finished the ones I'll be using to send to family and friends, and now I'm just working on a few to donate.

These are the cards I made for my own personal use. I love the wheat dies, and because they are so indicative of harvest, I used them for these cards. 


I selected some subtle glitter cardstock--yup, all the colored  papers used in the background  on each card are glittery! Once I had picked out my papers, I cut pieces to fit onto a black mat.

I've had this glittery cardstock for years, so it was time to use as much of it as I could.







I tried to take an angled shot that would show the glitter, but it was pretty subtle so it really doesn't show up well in the photos.

The layered sentiment has been popped up on foam tape.








I created an inside sentiment on my computer. I can print out four at a time, so this really speeds up the card production.








Here's a closer look at the other color combination.

This card was donated to the thrift store. I used a scrap of leaf-patterned paper and a pretty pumpkin die as a focal point.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base.


I stamped a sentiment on the inside and added a strip of the same gold metallic cardstock that was used for the pumpkin.








I had a couple of die-cut pumpkins in my stash and a leaf sticker, which I used on this card.  I also had a couple of thin die-cut frames that I used to frame the DSP and the center off-white panel.


The pumpkins were popped up on foam squares, and I added a few gold dots around them with a metallic marker.









I used one of my computer-generated sentiments on the inside of this card.

I've got quite a few more Thanksgiving cards to share with you, but I'll save those for my next post.

We've been having some lovely fall weather lately. High temps in the upper 50s and low 60s. That's unusual for this part of the country, but I'm loving it! It has given us a few extra days to finish up some yard work.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all great cards. You have been busy. I have never seen glittery pattern paper. I enlarged the photo and could see it really well. Loving that big pumpkin die cut. We/ve had that same warmer weather. Cold mornings but increases by 30 degrees by afternoon. Definitely layers weather,

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful die cuts and what a nice fall selection you have to play with. Love the glittery pattern paper as well - I could see the glitter and perfect for your Thanksgiving cards.

Patti J said...

These are gorgeous, Cheryl! Love that die - it really looks dreamt with those pretty papers, and I love the plaid! Great job, as always! Would love to know what your ‘recipe’ for margins, etc., is to get four sentiments per page! Mine are always a bit wrong. Have a great weekend!