Wish List

Friday, November 10, 2023

"Sending" cards...


 Nsot long ago I purchased a stamp set that featured this large "Sending" stamp, as well as some smaller coordinating sentiments and flowers, along with coordinating dies. I have found this set to be so valuable for making quick cards. 

On this card I have used a "cut away" from one of my paper pads that featured this oval design with a few flowers printed at the bottom of the oval.


I added a few more pieces of foliage in white and a bow out of white twine.

The word "Sending" was stamped and die-cut, then popped up on small foam squares.

The smaller sentiment was stamped directly onto the oval.







Here's the sentiment I stamped on the inside.











This card was VERY quick to make. Once again I stamped "Sending," die-cut it and popped it up on my card front. The DSP was already printed with the plain blue on top and the brown polka dots on the bottom, separated by an orange scalloped border. I added some orange Nuvo Drops for added dimension. "Birthay Wishes" is from the same stamp set, and this time I stamped it separately onto white card, die-cut it and popped it up on foam tape.


Here's a closer look at the top of the card front.










On the inside of this card I added a stamped sentiment and a little bouquet of foliage in coordinating colors.








For this card, I used not only the large "Sending" stamp and die with a smaller setniment, but also some of the flowers included in the set.


After die-cutting the flowers, I glued the stems directly to the card front and popped up the flower heads on foam squares.











There was one more flower in the set, so I added it to the inside along with some stamped leaves and a sentiment.

I think this will be a favorite stamp set for a long time to come. In fact, I plan to make a couple more of these this weekend!

In addition to making about 20 cards a week for the thrift store, I have managed to make a little progress on Christmas cards. I need to keep at it, though, in order to get them done. The holidays will be here before we know it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

I have that Stampin’ Up set, and use it a lot! Beautiful cards, Cheryl! Thanks so much for sharing!

designbydonna said...

That was a great purchase. Your cards show how versatile it is. Looking forward to seeing other uses for it. I like them all. That is a great idea to glue the leaves and pop up the flower heads. I going to keep that in mind. Your sending would even work for Christmas. I have a stamp that says Christmas Cheer that would work well.

Lynette said...

Super cards, Cheryl!! I borrowed that set from a friend a couple years ago. I think I have all the pieces used up now.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - and very versatile - I have that stamp set - so now I have some new inspiration to use it. Have a great weekend.