Wish List

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #201: Anything Goes or Stitched Up (real or faux)...


It's the first week in November, and that means it's time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create challenge blog. This time, the optional challenge is "Stitched Up." The stitches on your creation can be real or faux, so I decided to go for two different kinds of faux stitches.

My sweet baby card has some wonky stitching on the white die-cut square. The birthday card has stitch lines as a pattern on the dark blue DSP.

This card was so much fun to make. I love the fun fold design. I started with a 6" by 5 1/2" piece of pale pink card stock that was scored on the 6" side at 1 3/4". After adding layers to the narrow front flap, I used one of my wonky-stitched square dies to cut a white square (it was almost 3" X 3"). I cut a dark pink layer that left a 1/16" border and a pale pink layer that left a 1/8" border. I applied adhesive to the left side of my layered squares and glued them to the narrow front flap, centering it as best I could on my card front.


The fun part was decorating the white square with the "Sweet Baby" die-cut sentiment and a die-cut bib (see the stitches on it?). I added some pink and white baker's twine for the bib's strings.

Finally, I added a few clear pink enamel dots to finish it off.






On the inside I added another layered white square that was stamped with a sentiment. I made sure that this sentiment panel was directly behind the front square so that it didn't show when the card was closed.

I had a couple of diaper pin dimensional stickers in my stash and I thought they looked cute here. I don't know if anyone uses diaper pins anymore, but I sure did, as all my babies wore cloth diapers.





This card began when I noticed this perfectly sized piece of DSP on my desk. The stitched line pattern made it perfect for this challenge! The bicycle had also been laying on my desk waiting for me to use it. All I had to do was cut a stitched starburst and a few balloons, print and die-cut a sentiment, and then put it all together.

The sentiment strip, bicycle and the balloons are all popped up on foam squares.

Each balloon is connected to the bike with its own string (piece of black thread) that was glued to the back of the balloon and then to the back of the bike.






I cut a few extra balloons and glued them around the stamped sentiment on the inside. The strings here were hand-drawn.

I hope you'll give this challene a try. It's easy enough to add stitches to our cards these days--or you can make use of the "Anything Goes" option. For more inspiration, check out what the rest of the Design Team has created here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Fun cards. I was thinking about that stitching theme and thought I didn't have any but thanks to your inspiration on the baby card, I realize I do have that wonky stitch die. Love the sentiment on the bicycle card. I have a bicycle stamp so will have to pull it out. Again thanks for the inspiration.

Patti J said...

These are both great! Love the sweet baby card, but I was really smitten with the bicycle card! What fun! One of these days, I will find time to try this challenge! Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

It is easy when a card is fun to make. Love both of your cards - especially the bicycle card - perfect for a pre-teen or teen - or even an adult card. Great job.

Lynette said...

What an adorable baby card, Cheryl, and a great bicycle card, too.