Wish List

Friday, November 17, 2023

Using up those foiled bits...

When I last spent the day at my friend Lynette's (My Stamping Addiction) house, making cards and trading crafty ideas, she generously got out her Glimmer foiling system so that I could see how it worked. We made some beautiful images and sentiments, and I have featured some of them here and here,

Well, I have finally used up the last of them, and this is what I made:

This is a very simple card. I used some black and white DSP that had silver glitter in its design. I added a strip of white cardstock across the bottom portion of the card. I drew two black lines with a ruler and a fine-point felt tip pen. Then I added a few holographic stars around the "glimmered" Thank You sentiment. 


The sentiment actually looks metallic silver IRL, but in these photos it is reflecting each and every color around it. 

You can see here it has been popped up on some thin foam tape.





I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside.







For this card, I added the foiled image to an embossed background. It looks quite nice reflecting all those colors, don't you think? Again, though, it looks metallic silver IRL. The sentiment was cut from metallic cardstock and glued on.  It's not nearly as reflective!


The image looks a bit more silver when photographed at this angle.

I added a few silver dots--one of them was to cover up a small dark spot that somehow got onto my white cardstock. Probably from one of my inky fingers!



I heat embossed the sentiment on the inside, using silver embossing powder.









This final card was my favorite of the three. It's such a simple design, but I love the sheer ribbon and the white and silver foliage peeking out from beneath the sentiment.


Try as I might, I couldn't get a photo of the foiled sentiment that looked true to life (i.e., silver).

Again, the sentiment was popped up on foam tape which definitely helps keep all those bits in place.







I added a stamped sentiment and a strip of lavendar cardstock to the inside of the card.

It was so much fun to have these pretty images and sentiments to play with. Thank you, Lynette!

Now I really should foil some Christmas sentiments using my laser printer and laminating machine. They don't turn out quite as nice as the "glimmered" ones, but I still like them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all gorgeous. I'm with you, I like the purple one best.The foliage repeat the background. I haven't tried in foiling but love the sparkle of it.

Glittered Paws said...

How beautiful - I have only seen the glimmer foils demonstrated have never tried it myself. But oh how pretty - and I love the purple one - such a pretty card. I mailed my Thanksgiving cards out today - with no pictures - darn.

Lynette said...

Beautiful cards, Cheryl! I guess it's time to get together again to make up some more pieces of something or other! I'm sorry to say that I have very few cards to give to you. I just haven't had time in my stamping room. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have checked out all your posts - awesome cards, as always.

Patti J said...

Very pretty! I have a foil machine, but get impatient waiting for it to warm between cards! Love this - thanks for sharing!