Wish List

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Thank you card with a double message...

 

I made this card recently, and it has a little message behind the butterfly on the front and also a message on the inside.

This photo shows the stamped message behind the butterfly wings. The wings come together to make a tiny gatefold card. I've long wondered what I could do with this die, as it makes a tiny card--not more than 2 1/2 inches square. 

Well, it occurred to me that I could put it on the front of a larger card. I punched a tiny hole in the center of each wing so that I could thread some gold string through and tie a bow to keep it closed. The string is a little stiff so my bow is kind of wonky, but I was okay with that.

While you can't really see it in the photos, there is some metallic gold in the DSP in the background, which is why I used gold string and gold metallic cardstock for the die-cut "thank you."

Here's a peek at the inside. I stamped another sentiment and added strips of gold and coral cardstock.

I was pleased with the design of this card. I thought the little butterfly card on the front added some interest. This card was donated to the thrift store and sold quickly, so I think someone else liked it, too.

I have finished making my personal Thanksgiving cards and have (once again) begun working on Christmas cards. I have 20 of them in process right now and hope to have them done by the end of the week.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love the butterfly gate fold on the front. Great idea to add it to a card front. It goes relly well with the floral background.

Glittered Paws said...

Love wonky bows - and what a pretty card to go with it. Very original and I can see why it sold out at the thrift store.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such a pretty little thank you card and a clever and delicate design too! love a wonky bow too! Michelle x

Patti J said...

This was genius! I love that you made a card on a card! Beautifully done! Thanks for telling us about your process. I guess I need to start on my Christmas cards! We mail out 180, and I haven’t begun yet…oops! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynette said...

I have a die like that, also. I'm not sure I've ever used it. Great job of making such progress on your cards!! Time is flying by much too quickly for me!!