Wish List

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

A card for her, a card for him...


Before I talk about a couple of cards, I want to say, "Happy Halloween!" I hope you have lots of trick-or-treaters tonight, but not so many that you run out of candy. My DH has been sneaking some of our candy, but we have plenty (I bought a humongous bag at Costco).


This card was inspired by the embossed panel and the die-cut vase. Both were laying on my desk, begging to be used on a card.


I did some ink blending on the vase and popped it up on some foam squares.

The flowers were die-cut from white cardstock and then given some life with colored pencils and mineral spirits.

The little banner at the bottom of the vase was one from a package of blank banners that I had in my stash. I found a "Happy Birthday" stamp that was just the right size. I added a bit of ribbon and then popped it up on foam tape.

The little pale blue dots in each corner were created with Nuvo Drops.





The inside has a stamped sentiment. This one is from an old Fiskars stamp set that was one of the first stamp sets I ever bought.









This card features some dimensional gear and screwhead stickers that I got at Dollar Tree. Whenever I can find some good-looking, male-oriented stickers at Dollar Tree, I buy them!

I used the bookbinder fold for this card, adding a little twine around the "bound" part.


The sentiment was printed with my computer, cut out with a hexagon die, inked around the edges and popped up on foam tape.






I've been wanting to use this stamp on a birthday card since I got it several months ago. It fit so perfectly in this card!

We got our first snow of the year last night. It didn't amount to much, so I won't have to do any shoveling...yet. I'm hoping my DH's broken elbow heals to the point where he can help with the shoveling before we get a really big snow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, no, a broken elbow? That sounds incredibly painful, poor guy. I hope he recovers before the snow really dumps on you! Your cards are such perfect examples of feminine and masculine, Cheryl! I love them both with all the texture and details and great insides, too! Happy Halloween Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Ugh…snow! Hope hubby heals quickly! Supposed to drop to 19 or so tonight. I’m not ready for this! Cheryl, as always, your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Lynette said...

Well, it took me awhile, since I was so far behind, but I checked out all the posts I was behind with. Such wonderful cards, for all sorts of occasions! Thanks for sharing them with us, and with the thrift store.