Wish List

Friday, October 13, 2023

Almost no embellishments...

 In my previous post, I shared a card with lots of embellishments. Today, I'm sharing one with almost no embellishments.

I thought this paper was cute enough to carry the card design on its own. All I did was mat it with some dark teal cardstock.


I cut a scalloped circle from the same dark teal cardstock, topped it with a white, pierced circle and then added a die-cut sentiment. 

The two little hearts were actually white, but I colored them with an alcohol marker to coordinate with the colors on my card. 

I think this card took about 15 minutes to make, but I love how it turned out.





On the inside I stamped a sweet sentiment to complete my card.

When you read this, I will be in sunny Phoenix, Arizona, visiting friends. We haven't done much traveling lately, so this trip will be fun. My daughter will be taking card of our dog Mickey, who will have loads of fun playing with her dogs.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a cute baby card. With that paper you really did not need embellishments. The hearts was just enough. Enjoy your trip.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card - and yes the DP carries the card. Love it when a card comes together with ease and no embellishments.

Lynette said...

Cute card! I have patterned paper like that, but I don't think I could use mine in that orientation! Enjoy the warmth!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be - makes me think of a snuggly new baby! Great job, as always. I’ll be home tomorrow night, hope to be able to comment a bit more! Hugs!