Wish List

Monday, October 23, 2023

Halloween cards, Part I...

 I've been making Halloween cards like mad, but haven't shared any here on my blog--until now.

I found some large black tags in my box of Halloween supplies and decided to use them on a few cards. I first adhered part of a gold spider web doily in one corner. Then I glued the "Boo to You" on top of that. After adding a little bit of ribbon, I popped the tag up on my card with dimensionals.


The inside sentiment was computer-generated. The pumpkin is a die-cut that was left over from last year.






These cards were similar to some I made last year. It's so much fun to die-cut some spiders and place them on the cup. Don't you just want to swat them away (and maybe step on them)?

The sentiment was printed with my computer, die-cut and inked along it's edges. Both the sentiment panel and the cup are popped up on dimensionals.


I used some leftover scraps to add an embellishment to my inside panel. The sentiment was stamped.







Among the card kits my friend gave me was one Halloween kit. This card was made with supplies from that kit. The pumpkin was first inked using a stencil and then fussy-cut. The pumpkin's face and the bats are all rub-ons. The sentiment was created with one of the stamps that came in the kit. 


Another computer-generated sentiment on the inside of this card.





This was another card (mostly) made from supplies in the kit. The tree was created using a stencil and some black ink. The "trick or treat" sentiment was made with a stamp included in the kit. The only item not from the kit is the little pumpkin. It was made with a punch. I colored the stem and inked along its outer edges.


Once again, I used my computer to create a sentiment for the inside.

I've got lots more Halloween cards to share with you, but I'll save them for a couple more posts later during the week.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all cute. I really like that big oversize tag. If I found spiders on my coffee cup, it would probably scream and throw across the room and then have a big mess to clean up.

Glittered Paws said...

Love them all - and the big black tag work perfect for Halloween cards. I know I have some weird tastes but love the spiders in the coffee cup. And IRL I am not afraid of spiders.