Wish List

Friday, October 27, 2023

Halloween cards, Part III...

 

I had a couple of  tri-fold shutter card bases in my stash in Halloween colors, so I decided to use them to make a couple of cards. These are a little putsy to make because of all the small pieces that need to be cut, but it was a great chance to use up some stickers and DSP scraps.

Here's the green card base when it's been opened up. the blank square is for writing a brief message and signing the card.

And here's the purple card opened up. These were both donated to the thrift store. Because they are so different from a normal card, I always wonder what the buyer thinks when they're able to take the card out of the clear plastic bag and see it in its entirety. I always type up what the inside sentiment(s) is and adhere that to the front of the bag, but the customer is unable to see the inside until after they purchase it.

I made a few of these cards for my grandsons. The mummy is on an action wobble spring, so when you flick it (and squint your eyes), it looks like it's running.

The clouds were created with a stencil and a little ink blending, and the sentiment and cemetery background were die-cut.


This is the sentiment I printed out with my computer for the inside.





And these are the cards I made for some of my granddaughters. The cute little ghost is also on an action wobble spring.


For these cards, I used a stamp for the inside. I also added some embellishments to dress it up a little.







In one of my online searches, I found this sentiment in white letters on a spooky background. It was free to whoever wanted to download it. I printed it out several times, cut it out and added it to some card fronts. Then I added a piece of trim to the bottom of the sentiment panel. I also die-cut and added a silly skeleton and a colorful bat.


The inside featured a row of stamped sentiment, along with a row of skulls.







I also found a free spider web bavkground online. I printed it out several times and made some cards with it. For this card, I die-cut "Trick or Treat" and a few spiders to complete my card front.

Here's another card, using the same background with some die-cuts on the front.

Finally, I made a couple of cards using this Halloween frame die. I used some Post-It tape to mask off the bottom and sides of my card so that I could blend a little orange ink onto my card front before gluing on the frame.

Although you can't really see them, I added white eyes to the bats with a gel pen and black gems to the heads of the spiders.

This final Halloween post doesn't cover quite all of the Halloween cards I made, but it does show most of the various designs and layouts I used. I love making them, but I was a little rushed in getting them done this year because of other commitments.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



2 comments:

designbydonna said...

You have been so busy with the Halloween cards. They are all great. What a great surprise when you open the tri-fold ones. your grands will be delighted with their cards especially with the wobble feature. My favorite is the cute ghost on the stripe background.

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome selection of Halloween cards - you have been busy. I love the bat/spider card. The assortment of sentiments is very nice. I guess I have never looked online for sentiments for Halloween. I think everyone will be happy with their cards this year.