Wish List

Friday, October 20, 2023

One for the books...

 When I was in Dollar Tree not long ago, I saw some really nice book stickers and just had to buy them. Here's what I made:

I had just the right stamp to make a couple of masculine birthday cards.

I used a metallic silver and craft woodgrain dsp for the background. I inked around my focal panel and then matted it with some of the kraft cardstock that I had also used for my card base.


Doesn't that pile of books look great? The stickers are dimensional, but not cheap looking.









I added one of the smaller stickers to the inside, along with a stamped sentiment.










Here's a closer look at the sticker that I used on the second card. 

I keep checking Dollar Tree to see if they have any more of these stickers, but I haven't seen them since I bought these. Because I cannot depend on Dollar Tree to get them in stock ever again, I broke down and purchased a die set for books in some similar configurations as these.




I used the same stamped sentiment on the inside of this card and added another of the smaller stickers.

I thought this would be the perfect card to go along with a gift of a book.

We are back from our trip to Arizona. We had a lot of fun with our friends, but I had a cold the entire time. I did my best not to spread germs by using a mask when in enclosed areas (like a car), incessantly washing my hands and religiously covering my mouth with a tissue whenever I coughed. I had tested myself to make sure it wasn't COVID before we left. I would have happily worn a mask all the time, but they insisted they'd be more comfortable if I didn't.

I hope that all of you have stayed healthy so you can enjoy some beautiful fall weather if you're in my half of the hemisphere.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great card for a reader. Loving those book stickers. I need to go to the Dollar Tree more often. The inside sentiment is perfect too. I have a book stamp so I may have to CASE this one.

Glittered Paws said...

Don't you love Dollar Tree??? Although you seem to always find the best "stuff" These book stickers make a perfect masculine card. No coloring or anything.
Glad you had fun in Arizona - despite your cold. That was a bummer. I got my RSV shot yesterday and today I just sort of ache in all of my joints. So not doing much today.

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, these are great! Our $ Trees rarely have these good stickers. Great job, both cards are going to make someone so happy! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! If I can get out of bed (had Covid booster today) tomorrow, I may go see what I can find!

Mariann Jakobsen said...

WOW! These cards are awesome! Love them!!

JD/ Jill said...

You know what a book lover that I am..so You know I really like these caards! Very nicely done!