Wish List

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Wedding card silhouette...

 

I love using this silhouette die-cut for wedding cards. I think it looks quite romantic, don't you? 


I couldn't resist adding my favorite flower to the card, too. I cut it in white (the leaves in white vellum) and inked it with a bit of aqua ink. I didn't have a coordinating gem for the center so I colored a clear gem with an alcohol marker.  I did the same thing with the gems in the bride's bouquet and the gem in her hair.




The Mr. & Mrs. heart is actually part of another bride and groom die that I have. I just cut out the heart portion to use as a sentiment and backed it with some solid aqua cardstock.




The inside was stamped with a wedding congratulations in a pretty font.

When I make cards for the thrift store, I try to make some with lots of embellishements and others that are a little simpler. I guess this one would qualify as "lots of embellishements." There must be all kinds of customers looking for cards as they all seem to sell quickly.








I have just finished staying at my daughter's home for nearly two weeks looking after my two teen-aged grandchildren and their four dogs and three cats. My 18-year-old granddaughter was very self-sufficient and didn't need much assistance from me, but my 16-year-old grandson had swim practice or training sessions at 5:30 or 6 a.m. most mornings and then again for a couple of hours after school. He also took part in two swim meets on the weekends and had to be driven (he has only a driver's permit) to his practice/training sessions and meets. And, of course, I made dinner for everyone every night. It was a busy time and I have a new appreciation for the grueling schedule the entire family keeps. Believe me, they have a lot of balls in the air at once. It wore me out after just two weeks, I don't know how they do it month after month. Because it gave my daughter and her husband some much-needed vacation time, however, I was glad to help.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful and elegant. I love the silhouette in white. We just got back from staying with the grandchildren, ages 9,15,18. Like you I found out why the parents needed some time away. Whew! Am I ever ready for some downtime.

Patti J said...

You’re a good grandma and mom! We have had similar visits! Don’t know how the kids do it! We brought our 7 yr old grandson home with us last week. Took him to Branson. We got home today, and I fly him home on Sunday, and return home on Tuesday. I’m pooped! Lol… As always, your card is gorgeous. I love that beautiful die! Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

You needed to come home to rest!!! My kids were in activities but not that much. Scouts, karate, and tht was about it.
Very pretty wedding card with lots of shine, bling,and glitter. I bet it sold quickly at the thrift store.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Cheryl! And, oh my goodness, you must have been exhausted! We had two of our grandkids for a weekend, and it was pretty tiring! LOL!