Wish List

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #200: Anything Goes or Favorite Color Combo...

 

October is such a beautiful month in Minnesota with trees that show off their red, gold and orange leaves. Sometimes the Maple trees are so brilliant they look as if they are neon! 

I'm so lucky to live in a city that has a LOT of trees showing off their colors in the fall.

This month, at Let's Craft and Create, the new challenge is to use a favorite color combo (or you can always choose the "Anything Goes" option, too). 

Looking at the golden leaves outside, I decided to pair a rich, shiny gold with black on my card to give it a rich, luxurious vibe. It seems I always lean towards deeper tones when picking favorite colors or color combinations. 

Here's my card:

I actually made two cards like this for a couple of 75th birthdays. I loved the gold against the black, with the bright white to add some balance.

The word "Cheers" was cut three times and layered for strength before adhering it to the edge of my card top. The numbers, stars and stitched strips were die-cut from gold foil cardstock.

Here's what the card looks like when it's fully open. The fun sentiment was stamped, but the "Happy Birthday" was die-cut.

When folded, the card measures 4" X 6".  To achieve the angled shape, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 6" X 12".  Then I cut off a piece that angled from the top right-hand corner to 3 1/2" up from the bottom left-hand corner. I scored the card at 4" and 8" and folded it as you see in the photo.

Each section is angled at the top, so I had to carefully cut the DSP to fit properly. It's not hard, it just takes a little patience.

I hope you will give this card design a try. If you do, why not enter your creation into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create? There is a prize up for grabs, and we LOVE seeing all your amazing projects.

For more inspiration, check out what the Design Team has created here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love the elegance of black and gold And amen to that sentiment. I'll have to remember that one for future use.

Patti J said...

That’s real pretty, Cheryl! What a lovely anniversary card! Thanks for sharing the measurements - great fold!

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome - and love the gold and black colors. Great job on cutting out everything. I have never cut a 12 x12 like this but will certainly refer back to your post.

Lynne in NI said...

That is such a cool card Cheryl!! LOVE your colour theme and I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment hahaha