Wish List

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Card with a big boo-boo...

 

A few weeks ago, I purchased this die that cuts the daisy circle into a piece of cardstock. I thought it would be a quick way to make some card fronts. 

So, after cutting my white panel, I decided to do some stenciling with yellow ink on the white space outside the circle. BUT, without my noticing, my stencil slipped down a bit and my stenciling went askew! It is clearly evident in the upper right hand corner. I tried to make it a bit less noticeable by doing some extra ink blending around the edges. 

I was ready to throw the panel in the trash, but then decided I'd just go ahead and finish the card. Maybe someone would think it was a "loosely" patterned paper and meant to be that way.


I like the die a lot, and I think I'll use it often to make cards for the thrift store. Next time, if I decide to do some stenciling, I'll be VERY careful to tape my die-cut panel to the back of the stencil so it doesn't slide.









I stamped a simple get well message on the inside. 

I almost always try to salvage my cardmaking booboos, rather than throwing them away. I feel like it stretches my creativity by forcing me to come up with ways to use, cover up, or change them.

How about you? Do you more often use them or throw them away?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Oh yes, I make boo-boos a lot and try to cover them up. Until you mentioned it I really didn't notice the slant. I think the white highlights around the circle pull your eyes away from that corner. I do like the blue yellow combo and the daisy die.

Patti J said...

Boo-boos are a regular in my creations! I cover spots with all sorts of things! You did a great job! If you hadn’t said anything, I would not have noticed! Very pretty!

Glittered Paws said...

I thought it was supposed to be like that - I think it looks just fine. Love the die.