Wish List

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Christmas cards from a kit...

 As I mentioned in a previous post, a friend from church gifted me a box filled with card kits. There were three or four Christmas card kits in the box, and I used just one of them this year. There was also a partial Christmas kit that I tried to use up. 

I enjoyed making cards like this one from a penguin-themed kit. The penguin stamp was included. I stamped and fussy-cut him out, leaving a narrow, white border. The scarf was a punch-out. He was popped up on dimensionals, as was the little blue banner. The two larger snowflakes were created with a punch that I have on hand.


On the inside I added a stamped sentiment and a couople of blue, punched snowflakes.





This card used a cardbase, ribbon and some of the rather wild, striped paper that was in the kit. I created the stamped sentiment panel and popped it up on foam squares.


I stamped a sentiment on the inside of this one and added a stamped sprig of holly. 






The banner flags for this card were punch-outs. I popped each one up on a dimensional and added the strip sentiment above them. The kit instructions had suggested that a lot more be added to the card, including some of the wild, striped paper and some ribbon. I opted to simply add the polka-dotted strip of green (also a punch-out) and enhance the dots with some Nuvo Drops.


Finally, I added a stamped sentiment on the inside.






On this card, I used some of the patterned paper in the kit, as well as a scalloped border (punch-out). I added a gold foil mat and a gold strip on the left side of the border. There were 1/8" holes in the center of each scallop, so I filled them with Nuvo Drops.

For the focal image, I used a tree die I had in my stash and cut it out of a white, stitched oval. I backed the die-cut with some gold foil and curved a strip sentiment stamp to fit around the inside of the oval.


On the inside I added a stamped sentiment and a strip of the gold foil CS.









The trees, striped border and striped DSP on this card were all from the kit. The "Merry" stamp was also in the kit. I added only the white rectangle and the three blue snowflakes (made with a punch). The trees were popped up on dimensionals and some Nuvo Drops and glitter were added to the three largish holes that were in the punched out border.


I added three more punched snowflakes around my stamped sentiment on the inside.







If you made it all the way through this post, I thank you for sticking with me! These cards and 90+ others have been mailed to family and friends. 

Tonight I finished creating our annual family calendar that contains everyone's birthday, wedding anniversary, special holidays and lots of photos. I still need to print, bind and mail it, but I'll get it done. It only has to arrive at each home by January 1.

I'm also in the throes of cookie baking. I've made five different kinds so far, but I have at least another five kinds to make. I'm trying to make at least two different recipes each day for the next few days. I like to share cookies with neighbors and family members who live nearby, so that's why I need so many!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

You made great use of this kit. I like the festive colorful paper as a nice change from the regularr red and green. That little penguin is my fav. You have been really busy.

Lynette said...

Cute kit cards! Good luck with your baking! I don't bake anything, since we don't have much company and we end up getting lots from others. :-)

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful cards from the kits. My favorite is the penguin as I love penguins You do such a great job with the nuvo drops, I guess it is just a matter of practice practice practice. Mine turn out all different sizes.
Cookies - did you say cookies??? So far we have been dependent on friends and neighbors for our cookies, fudge, and candies. I'm thinking I'm not going to get any made this year. We will see - I might be able to makes some ecan balls.

JD/ Jill said...

These card are all lovely. You received some nice kits, and you did a great job with them