Wish List

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A simple card, but I like it...

 

This card was very quick to make. I used a spatter stamp to stamp some white snowflakes onto a navy blue card base. Then I added the bottom snowflake DSP and the wavy die-cut that says "Merry Christmas."


I actually traced the curve of the die-cut unto my DSP and then used my scissors to cut along that line so that my die-cut fit perfectly on top of it.

You can also see in this photo how I've added a small blue gem to the center of each of the stars that are part of the die-cut.



I used some blue ink to stamp the sentiment on the inside.








Twofer:


This was another super simple card. I had some DSP that featured this funny little snowman with a tiny tree next to him. I first used some Versamark ink to stamp and heat emboss some snowflakes with white EP on the rest of the panel. . I used some wonky snowflake stamps to better coordinate with the fun style of the snowman.


Then I added some holiday banners, anchored with an enamel dot at each end. These banners were made with a stamp and die set that I used to heat emboss each banner on red cardstock and then cut out with the coordinating dies.

I also cut a triangle shape out of some green cardstock and popped it up over the tree that was printed on the DSP. I added some red Nuvo Drops as decorations.





Here's the sentiment that I stamped on the inside.

Both of these cards were fun to make and came together really quickly.

I had a really busy day yesterday. I did the laundry, went to the post office to mail some letters, went to the store to pick up some Christmas odds and ends, made 6 cards, made a batch of cookies and some candied almonds, printed and bound five of our family calendars to be sent to those family members we won't see in person over the holidays, and made ravioli for dinner for my hubs.

I think the rest of the days this week will be equally busy, getting ready for the big holiday.

I hope your preparations are going smoothly and you are able to enjoy this lead-up to Christmas.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both great cards. I love the elegance of the blue/white one. The banner and snow man are very whimsical. I wish I had some of your energy. I am exhausted just reading about everything you accomplished yesterday.

JD/ Jill said...

I like your cards too. This year, out of necessity.. I tried making simpler card too than I usually do.

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of the cards - but especially the second one. And you are so talented at using the Nuvo drops. I think you need to do a tutorial. LOL