Wish List

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Good tidings of comfort and joy...

 

I have a 4" X 6" stack of Christmas papers, and I try to use a few of them every year on my holiday cards. The patterned paper you see on this card was cut from a sheet in that stack.


After matting and adhering my patterned paper, I cut a large banner, stamped it with my "Good Tidings" sentiment and added a little die-cut ornament, popped up on a foam square. 

Finally, I also popped my banner up on foam tape and then stamped a sentiment panel for the inside.







I thought I would also share with you a photo of the cookie platters and containers we gave away to a few neighbors and family members. The snowman tin you see in the back is also full of cookies and was given to my brother.

Here is a picture of one of the Christmas crackers I made to have at each place setting on our Christmas table.


I only had to make nine of them, as we had two store-bought crackers left over from a previous Christmas. I put those two at my husband's and my place settings. 

My crackers were gender specific. The females all received a pair of earrings, a nail file and a lip gloss. 

The male crackers contained a Chap Stick, a small comb, and a mechanical pencil with extra lead.

All the crackers contained a tissue paper crown, a Christmas joke and some candy.



I watched May May's video on how to make them, using my envelope punch board, but made mine longer to fit what I had purchased for them. I also put a stopper at each end so that the items inside wouldn't fall out. The stopper is simply a punched circle glued in place.

I may now have to make these every Christmas, as my family members MUCH preferred them over the store-bought ones. Oh-oh. That's all I need is another craft item I am expected to make at Christmas time. It sure is a great way to use up some of that Christmas paper, though!

I hope your Christmas was as full of family, fun and love as ours was. I wish you all good things in 2024.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love big sentiments. That with a little patterned paper makes a quick card. Tiy are si super organized to get all those cookies done in addition to your other holiday prep. Can you come live at my house next year?

Glittered Paws said...

Oh you were a busy lady - not only do you make beautiful creations but the cookies look awesome. Love the crackers and the little gifties were perfect.
No cookies or candy or anything special made this year for me. But I'm doing well, walking with no assist and will stat outpatient next week.
Happy New Year!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Everything looks wonderful. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl and your cookies all look scrummy, bet the recipients loved them. And what a great idea to make your own personalised crackers - the ones in the shops these days are rubbish. So glad to hear you had a great Christmas, it was a busy one for sure!! xx

R's Rue said...

Looks wonderful. Love the card.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com