Wish List

Friday, December 22, 2023

Silent Night...

I really enjoyed making 10 cards like this one for Christmas. The embossing folder is 3D and adds so much detail to the image.


When I was done embossing, I swiped my Versamark ink pad over the raised image and added some sparkling "snow" embossing powder. I really couldn't capture the sparkle in these photos, but it was so pretty!







I printed these sentiments with my computer for the inside of each card.

I enjoyed making all my Christmas cards (and I have a few more to share with you), but I'm ready to move on to Valentine's Day now. How about you?

I have just a few more items on my Christmas "to do" list: I have a couple more gifts to wrap and I need to fill some trays with cookies for the neighbors and family members. I also need to make about a dozen crackers (the English kind of crackers that are filled with party favors). I like to put one at each place for our Christmas Eve dinner. I've always purchased them in the past, but the price has gone up so much that I decided to make them this year. I'll take a picture or two so I can show you how they turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your card is so serene and peaceful. I just took a deep breath and relaxed when I saw it. So appropriate for you too as this reminds me of the north Minnesota forest.

Jeanne H said...

An excellent card! Merry Christmas.

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful - simple but stunning. Love the bit of sparkle with the versamark and snow.
I am done!!! Well I was really done before my surgery and I didn't get everything done but soon realized it just wasn't going to get done.
I am doing really well - walking without any assist device at all no walker no cane just slow steady walking. PT has been so helpful. I hope I am in the home stretch although now to outpatient therapy.
Thanks for the card and encouragement - the worst is behind me.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JD/ Jill said...

Very soft and pretty Christmas card! Hope you have a very special Christmas!

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Cheryl! The embossing folder is gorgeous, and the sentiment is so delicate. (Must have been hard to work with??) A very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lynne in NI said...

Your card is an absolute stunner in real life, thank you so much Cheryl! We both studied it for quite a while trying to figure out how you added the sparkle, so now I know! xx