Wish List

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Using up those Christmas DSP scraps...

I don't usually post anything mid-week, but I thought some of you might still be frantically wrapping gifts and in need of some gift tags. I always make gift tags out of my Christmas paper scraps.

I simiply cut a scrap (left-over strips work perfectly!) and add some embellishment to the top. Leftover Christmas stickers work great for the embellishments, but I also use die-cuts, stars, gems, snowflakes, etc.

This photo shows a die-cut snowman on one and a dimensional tree sticker on another. Instead of a die-cut snowman, you could just punch or die-cut a couple of circles to make a snowman. The eyes and mouth are easy enough to draw on and a narrow triangle of orange cardstock can be glued on for the nose. A piece of ribbon could be used as the scarf. 

If I'm not in too much of a hurry, I will add a few extra touches like rounding the bottom corners, as you see I did with the tree tag.

If needed, I add a piece of white CS to the inside and stamp "To:" and "From:". You wouldn't have to stamp this. It could certainly be hand-written.

If the DSP is one-sided, I don't add an extra white piece, I stamp directly onto the inside of the tag.

On the back of each tag I add some double-sided tape so that when I want to add it to a gift, I simple pull off the tape backing and stick it down.

Gift tags like this are so much easier to use than a tag that is on a string or ribbon.

I hope this little suggestion is helpful.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great use of your Christmas scraps. Special tags are prettier than the ones you buy. I find packages of tags sell well at my Christmas Market. I like the idea of double stick tape to the back. Great time saver.

Glittered Paws said...

Great idea - and love the snowman tag. Great ideas. I usually give stack of 10 away (to hairdresser, vet, postal employee) but just didn't get to it this year.

JD/ Jill said...

Your gift tags are cute!